Part Five

Sian's Pov

1 week on

it's been one week since the argument. One week and we haven't talked as one big group. Many times, Alexander and Isabelle have tried to make conversation between us all but it never worked. Adam and Alice kept to themselves; normally snogging.

"I'm having another coffee. Does anyone want one?" Isabelle breaks the awkward silence.

We all agree. "I'll go get them. It's my turn anyway" I say.

Adam looks up. "I'll help you, Sian"

I trun to him, a puzzled expression on his face. "Whatever"

 I walk over to the hot drinks stand and fill five mugs with coffee. I boil the kettle and add the water to each mug. Adam starts to stir them all.

"I want you to apologise to Alice. She is really upset about your argument" he says.

"She was the one playing dumb. I did nothing..." I stop as a sharp pain hits my hand. I open my mouth but no 'ouch!' comes out. i'm lost for words as i look down to see Adam's hand pressing a hot spoon down on my hand.

"No! You will apologise. Do you know how badly this argument has effected her? She isn't as happy as I saw her on the first day." he says, applying pressure to my hand.

"Ok. i promise to apologise to her" i whisper.

"Good! And don't tell the others" he orders me and removes the spoon. An oval burn mark appears from where the spoon was. 

 I walk back over with two mugs and Adam brings over the rest. I hide my hand under the table, hoping for no one to notice.

"Alice? I'm really sorry I had a go at you last week" I look down at the table. I can hardly look her in the eyes after what her boyfriend just did to me.

I feel her smile as she speaks. "It's fine. I'm sorry too. I guess i am a little dumb at times"

"Sian?" I hear Ian's voice. "What's that?"

"Huh?" i ask, confused.

"Your hand" he points at it. I realise that i had brought my hand onto the table. I look up at Adam, who simply raises his eyebrows at me?

"Oh...Erm...A... I burned myself. Guess i was a little clumsy" i lie.

"You should really go to the nurse before it gets infected Sian" Alexander advises me. I nod and stand up to leave.

"I'll come with you" Ian says, grabbing his bag.

"I'll be fine, Ian" i say but he wasn't having any of it.

"No. It's Ok. I need the walk anyway" he simply says.

  Once we are a safe distance away from the table, Ian starts talking to me. Almost interrogation.

"ok. come on. What really happened?" he asks me.

"I burned myself. I told you before" i reply.

"I don't believe it was you though. And the only other person with you was...Adam?" he says. I worry slightly. If Adam finds out, he said he'd kill me.

"No. Ian just leave it be. I burned myself" i say walking into the nurse's office.

  We meet back up at lunch in the school canteen. Well, Isabelle, Alice and myself have saved a seat. The boys sem to be late but we don't mind.

"...and you and Adam are just so cute together" Isabelle compliments Alice, who blushes.

"We should go on a double date. You and Alexander and Adam and myself" Alice suggests.

"But what about Sian? It isn't fair to leave her" Isabelle says. It makes me feel happy she hadn't forgotten about me.

"It's fine. I'll just watch a film with Amandla or someone" i smile sweetly.

 I look to see Xander and Adam walking towards the food cart. They both look over and wave. Adam even blows kisses to Alice. What a retard! But then Ian comes storming in. He pushes Adam up against the wall it seems so hard that he knocked the air from him.

"You  twat! You burned Sian this morning!" he growls.

"Dude! She had upset Alice and..."

"I don't care. It's sick! Because she had an argument with your girlfriend"

"Ian! get off Adam!" Xander pulls him away and Adam lets out a sigh of relief. 

"Bet you would have done it, Xander!" Adam says, regaining his breath.

"Probably not but i wouldn't be happy with her!" Xander sounds as though he doesn't want to get caught up in anything. Ian turns to walk away but Adam couldn't stop.

"Sian deserved everything she got..." he is cut off as Ian's fist collides into his cheek.

A teacher marches over. "Unit!"

"Fine" Ian walks out of the canteen. i really need to speakto him. Alice and Isabelle seem bewildered by the entire spectacal. Everyone turns to look at me. Yeah, go on. It's me. All stare at me. i grab my bag and walk out of the canteen. There's one place i'm heading. Unit.