Part Three

Sian's pov

 I don't know what came over me before. Why i acted the way i did towards Ian. I guess it's just my past experiences have made me lose all my natural trust in boys. I look up and brush my hair behind my ear. The teacher makes his way over to the door and quietly sneaks out. I sit up straight and stretch my arms up but drop my pencil onto the desk. The noise echoes through the cold room.

Ian turns around to me. "Hey. Are you going to talk to me now?"

I smile a little. "hey. Yeah i'm really sorry how i acted before"

He smiles broadly. "Don't be"

"So, could we possibly start over?"i ask shyly. I really do hope he forgives me for acting like a prat. The last thing i want is tension and friendship seems like the only way forward at the minute.

"Sure." He carries on. "Just one thing. Why did you say that before?"

I'm confused. "What do you mean?"

"When you said that you didn't need help. Especially from boys." He explains.

I remember now. Not the best thing to say if i want to keep my secret a secret. "Oh...That. I guess just bad memories"

"Hey. I'm not the typical idiotic lad. You can trust me you know."

"Thanks. So how come you moved to England? Isn't America meant to be amazing?" I ask, steering off the awkward topic.

"My mom thinks i should see what it's like to get an acting career in England. just to see if it's any better" He replies, rolling his eyes.

"Oh" is all i can say. I watch as Ian seems to study my face for some time before saying;

"Your kinda pretty"

my eyes grow wide. I'm aware of my cheeks turning a very deep red in embarrassment. Did he just compliment me? Does he like me? This is not what i planned to happen.

"What?" i ask shocked.

"Seriously. You are really pretty" his voice quietens.

"Thanks. But i'm not like most girls. I don't just let anyone into my life. I made that mistake once too many times" I try to say.

He opens his mouth to speak but shuts it as the teacher re-enters the room. He holds a piece of paper in his hand.

"You two are to report to Mr Johnson's office. Immediately" He reads.

 I grab my bag and head on  out the room with Ian's words circling my brain. Surely he didn't like me? Why would he like me. Why am i still thinking of him? I put up all my barriers and walls to keep out any feelings of affection. Ian is trying to pull them down. I can feel them getting weaker already. Does that mean I have feelings for him too?

  I'm too buy thinking that I almost walk straight into Mr Johnson's door but luckily Ian's tapping on the door brings me to my senses.

"Sian. About what you said before..."

"What? About my mistakes?"

He nods. " i don't care. i'm going to keep trying until you let me in"

"Well good luck with that."

"Sian... I like you" he admits. Great. This day gets better and better doesn't it?

"You should just stay away from me."

"But why? I don't understand..."

The door of the office swings open and there stands Mr Johnson. Slightly obstructing the light from the room. "Come in"

 We walk into the room and take a seat. All i need to top my day off is a rant off Mr Johnson. Yay!