Chapter 33 - Who's fault?

Apollo Arthur Hamilton

"Lana," her mom calls her then hold her hand, I can see the sadness on both of their eyes.

It is so close to midnight and all of the families are here. It is almost the time where the doctors are going to take the machine off which means the family has to say their last goodbye. I've never experienced this kind of thing cause my grandparents are still very healthy right now, so I cannot really relate and I'm not that close to them.

"Mom," she said.

"I just had a phone call with her," she said.

"We were about to visit her next week," she said with a low voice.

"Oh darling," her mom said before pulls Lana for a hug.

"Darling you've been through a lot," her mom said which make her cry more.

"She understands," her mom said while hugging her.

I look into Alec who stands next to his girlfriend, he's looking at his grandma through the glass wall in front of us. His eyes are red, he has his hands rest in his pocket while trying to be strong. Alec, Ariana and Lana are the closest grandchildren to their grandma.

"Mr Valerie," The doctor called Alec's dad's name,

Their Grandma left Alec's dad name as the one who responsible for all of her condition until the very end cause Lana's dad already passed away a long time ago. The family has agreed to turn the machine off because their grandma has told them that if anything happens to her she doesn't want to live because of or with a machine.

Lana walks closer to me then I put my arm around her, she turns around to look at her grandma. All of us are watching the doctor taking of the machine until they officially tell us the time of death. The room fills with tears and sobs once the doctor officially tell us that grandma Valerie has passed away.

~

The night filled with tears and sadness and now here we are in Lana's old bedroom. We're in her grandma's house getting ready for her funeral, Lana is still so sad about it like she lost the lights again.

She woke up this morning with a red puffy eyes. She looks pale and I started to worry about her, she lost her appetite and I'm so scared if she's going to be sick.

She's standing in front of the mirror, she wears a black dress and her hair is in a classic bun. she's looking at herself while I'm watching her from the bed. Her grandma is already transferred to this house since this morning, and she's going to be buried right after the funeral.

Grandma Valerie is one of the most famous person in here, she has so many connections with people around the world. So I'm expecting so many people are going to come.

I look at Lana who's wearing her dress which revealed her shoulders and smooth back. She looks so skinny, maybe because she lost her appetite since the pregnancy lost. She lost two people that she loves this month, and She's still standing there trying to be strong as possible.

"This is your room?" I broke the silence cause we haven't talk about anything from last night.

"Yeah," she said.

"Spending so many times here, with her," she said.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"It's fine," she said.

"At least I know she doesn't suffer anymore now," she said.

She turns around then sit on the bed right in front of me. My eyes travel around the room where I can see some books are still on the desk.