Chapter 27 - Sleeping and Crying

Apollo Arthur Hamilton

"No..," she started to cry.

I need to be strong for her, but her low voice of disappointment breaks my heart.

I put my hand on her left cheek while whipping her tears away. I look at her and it breaks my heart more, but I know she needs me the most.

I kiss her cheek before slowly brushing her head while she's crying.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"It's not your fault," I said.

I can hear that Lana isn't the only person that cry in the room, Laura and her mom are also crying.

"It's my fault," she said.

I calm her while pulling her for a hug.

A few minutes later everyone left us two in the room, I still can see tears falling from her eyes. She's started to sob while all I can do is whipping her tears away and brushing her head.

I crawled onto the bed to sit next to her, just to be close to her. After a few minutes she finally stop sobbing, but tears keep running out from her eyes.

She closed her eyes until she finally falling back to sleep,

A moment later everyone got in to see her condition. We watch her peacefully asleep after crying hard.

My mom put her arm around my waist while we're watching her sleeping, "I'm sorry darling," she said.

My eyes are stick with her all the time while everyone is also worrying about her, I really don't know how to feel, I'm sad but I have to be strong and it's hard.

"Apollo, We'll be here tomorrow but we have to go back now for Jai and Elle," Gabriel said.

"Just call us if you need a help," Gabriel said.

"I'm sorry bro," he said.

"We're very sorry," Laura said.

"Thank you so much," I said.

"Okay we gotta go," Gabriel said then both of them left.

An hour later mom and dad also excuse themselves,

"I'm sorry for your loss honey," mom said with her finger brush against my cheek.

"I shouldn't let her go back to her job," she said then I shake my head.

"She's happy to have her job back," I said.

"Be strong honey," my mom said before giving me a hug.

"If you need anything just call us," my dad said.

"Dad, I cannot come to work tomorrow I-"

"Don't even think about it, take your time," he nodded before tapping on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for your loss," he said then I silently nodded.

Everyone left one by one until it's just the two of Lana and I in the room. I sat on the chair while watching her in sadness.

This is the most unexpected thing in my whole life. I never knew that I would experience this with her, Avalana. The girl that I know since high school, the girl that I dated back in high school, never thought about loosing a child with her like this.

~

I sit on one of the chair while holding on a wine on my hand, watching her peacefully sleeping. Those long lashes that fall against her cheek look so beautiful, her pale innocent face reminds me of an angel that is on every children's bedtime story.