Prompt 9: crack that nut

It's thanksgiving and Trixie's first time in forever spending time with family ( Katya's Family)
———————————————————————

It was November 27th the eve of thanksgiving. The crisp November air stung against Trixie's cheeks as she follwed Katya to her car, leaves crunching under feet as she nervously approached the vehicle.

Trixie and Katya had been dating for around 6 months and Katya thought thanksgiving would be an appropriate time for Trixie to meet her family. Not just her parents but her brothers, sisters, cousins and all. Everyone, the entire Zamolodchikova clan...all at once.

Trixie thought Katya was joking at first but when she saw the serious look on her girlfriends face she knew otherwise. Trixie still thinks Katya is insane and that this whole dinner is a train wreck just waiting to happen, but she pushed it aside as she entered the car. Katya seemed happy and excited about it so Trixie put on a brave face.

It has been awhile since Trixie spent thanksgiving with anyone let alone an entire family. She hasn't seen her family in years and all her friends are always busy. So she settled for microwaving a thanksgiving edition hungry man and watching the Kardashians on T.V, alone in her dark living room the only light coming from Kim and Khloe's arguing faces on the screen.

Katya knew how weary Trixie was about the whole idea, she could see it from the minute she brought it up. Trixie usually confident behaviour quickly diminished, her chatty mouth closed in a thin line her lips pressed together, her brown eyes swimming with worry.

As they drove to Katya's parents house Katya placed a comforting hand on Trixies thigh. She spared Trixie a quick glance and saw that she was in her head, her eyes glasses over and unfocused, her bottom lip trapped between her teeth. Katya rubbed her thumb over Trixie's thigh bringing her back and grounding her. Katya knew it wasn't good to let Trixie get in head, it was a dangerous and scary place up there and she would do anything she could to protect Trixie from it.

Trixie glanced over at Katya and gave her a shy smile her cheeks blushing know Katya had caught her worrying.

The rest of the drive was just like that; Katya comforting Trixie and sparing her glances and Trixie blushing under the thoughtful gaze of her girlfriend.

At around 7:30 pm Katya pulled into her parents driveway shutting off her car and looking to Trixie. They decided to come the night before so Trixie could properly meet Katya's parents before the chaos of thanksgiving ensued.

As soon as Katya parked the car Trixie's anxiety came back full force crashing against her like a giant wave trying to engulf her, drown her in worry. Her palms got sweaty and her breathing picked up.

" hey Trix its gunna be fine." Katya said crouching down beside Trixie outside the passenger door of her car.

Trixie didn't even realize Katya had gotten out of the car let alone open her door.

" Katya what if they hate me?" Trixie shuddered tears welling in her eyes threatening to ruin her makeup she spwnt so long on.

" Trixie they can't hate you!." Katya grabbed her hand from her crouched position. " I talk about you to them so much they feel like they know you."