Chapter 1

Garnet's POV...

I walked down a crowded hallway, Ugh! People... I pulled up my black hoodie and continued to my locker, I opened it and grabbed my science textbook and went straight to class. I sat in my chair at the back of room, and I put my headphone in. I kept them hidden in my hoodie so I wouldn't get in trouble...I laid back, waiting for the teacher get here. That's when I noticed one girl sitting in the corner front desk, she had her face buried in a book.

She's kinda cute.I shocked myself when I said that, I've never really thought of anyone as cute. She had short, strawberry blond hair, and cute thin framed glasses that sat on the edge of her nose. She was wearing a white blouse, and a light blue skirt, I also noticed a blue tie around her neck. I sighed, It must be nice to be pretty. I am a freak; first, I have different colored eyes and to make matters worse, one of them is red...Plus, I have long black hair that usually frizzes out most of the time. I'm not very skinny either...I'm thick, but I'm built like boy, I have abs, muscles, and a built chest. But, I do have breast (they're big too...) And my butt is far too big to be attractive.

I watched as another girl came up to her and they started talking, I wish I had friends too...A person who understands... As soon as the teacher walked, everyone sat down and another boring class started. When the bell rang I was excited that it was (a) last hour (b) art. I walked in to the classroom, art is one of my favorite classes, being it's a small class and I can express myself. I sat down at my usual table and pulled out my pencil and sketchbook. For some reason though, I couldn't focus. I looked up and saw her again, When did she start taking art?! She looked at me and smiled, I felt my face flush and I looked back down at my paper. When I looked back up, she was walking over to me. What is she doing?! She sat down across from me, "Hi, I'm Pearl." She smiled sweetly.

"Hi...I'm Garnet."

"That's a pretty name." I smiled, "Thanks...yours is pretty too..." I saw her smile again, and continue with her work. After that, I felt weird, Am I actually starting to crush?! No! She's a girl! A goodie-two-shoes! She would never fall for a girl! I kept making excuses for this...feeling. I started for the front doors to head home, C'mon. Just...ignore it. Don't make it a typical high school love story. I took off my hoodie and allowed the sun to shine on my dark skin, it felt pretty good. "Garnet!" I turned to see Pearl running towards me, I tilted my head and stopped, waiting for her to catch up. "Pearl?"

"Mind if I walk with you? My house is this way too so I figured we could walk together!" She was so cheery about it. "Sure." She smiled, as we walked she talked on and on about anything that was everything! "You know, you should wear your hood down more often. You're really pretty! Especially your eyes!" I raised my eyebrow, "Okay?" She smiled and continued on, I couldn't help but smile,She's so kind and smart. We got to my stop, "Well, I gotta go...bye."

"Bye! Walk with me tomorrow?" I nodded and walked into the old, crusty white house. I saw my dad passed out on the couch and my mother crying and cooking in the kitchen. He must've hit her again... I walked past my sister, Amethyst's room and heard crying. I opened the door quickly, "Amy?!" She was curled up on her bed crying, "What is it, sis?" She was 14 with long black hair and violet eyes. She was very pretty, and she wasn't very skinny either. "Dad hit mom again 'cause I'm a lesbian and I'm fucked up in the head..."

"Don't say that..." I held her in my arms as she cried. "Look, I'm turning 18 this year. That means after I graduate, I'll be able take you and we'll live in a giant house and have a wonderful life!" She smiled, "And you won't cut anymore, right?" I nodded, "Yeah."

"Garnet!" I heard my father yell, I exited Amethyst's and went into the living room. "Yes."

"Get you ass over here!" I walked in front of the couch where he was, "Yes?" He stood up and walked over to me, "What the hell is that?!" He pointed to my sketchbook on the table, I gulped, "It's my sketchbook..."

"What's it doing out here?!" I didn't answer, he looked pissed, I prepared myself for a hit, but it didn't happen. My mother stepped in the way and said, "I left it out. I was looking at her drawings, they are very good." He put his hand down, he sighed and looked at me, "You got lucky this time, you fucking whore."

"Don't talk to her like that!" 'SLAP' My mother hit the ground, "Don't you ever talk to me like that!" I got on my knees next to her, "Mom? Are you okay?"

"Go to your room sweetie...I-I don't want you to see me like this." I held back my tears and ran for my room, I threw myself onto the bed, tears streaming down my face, Why? Why must we live this with that fucking bastard?! I sat up and pulled out a small knife, I lifted up my hoodie sleeve to reveal 11 scars, all in perfect lines across my arm. I place the sharp knife on my arm, Number 12... I cut slowly, I had to make it hurt, for her. I cut myself deep with this one. When I finished, I saw a small figure in my doorway. I looked up and saw Amethyst, she had tears in her eyes, "Amy..."

"Stop."

"What?"

"Stop it! I'm tired of you hurting yourself!" I sighed, "Amy..I...this is my way of relieving stress..." She shook her head and ran away to her room. I cried harder, I'm sorry...