Chapter 3

Garnet's POV...

I cracked, I finally cracked. I sobbed into Pearl's shoulders, and I didn't know why. I felt like I could talk to her about anything, and that she was really here for me. "P-P-Pearl..." I managed through sobs, "N-never l-let-go!" I squeezed her tighter, and cried harder. I felt her pat my back, saying, "It's okay. Let it out, I'm here." I continued, crying felt good right now. Most of the time it would hurt to cry and I would cut, but now, all I needed was her. When I finally calmed down, I pulled away from her to see her smile, I smiled back, "Thanks." She had ahold of my hands, I looked down at them, then lightly blushed. I heard her giggle, I looked up to see a faint pink blush on her cheeks.

"Pearl, I...I can't thank you enough. I've never had anyone to cry to 'til now." She smiled, her beautiful, light blue eyes shining. "I'm glad I could be here for you." We hugged again, and for once in my life, I didn't feel sad. I didn't have any worries, all I had was someone who cared about me. Amethyst cares, but she's my younger sister, I'm supposed to protect her. She's not supposed to be my protection, but, can Pearl? We sat there together, just holding each others hands and staring into each others eyes.

"Garnet, I-" She stopped mid-sentence and gasped lightly, I noticed that she was looking at my arm. I looked at it as well and saw that a few of my scars were showing. I covered it turned away, "Garnet, why didn't you tell me?" I felt her hand on my shoulder, I felt a few tears fall down my face, "...I didn't want you think that I'm a monster..." She tilted her head and said, "I would never. May I see how many?" I didn't do anything, she grabbed my sleeve, and looked into my eyes, as if asking for permission. I nodded once, waiting for her to continue, she lifted my sleeve. I heard her sigh, then she hugged me tightly, "Please, stop." This upset me, I pushed away, "Why?! It's not like you understand! None of you understand! Amy says the same damn thing all the time! When will you guys get it through your fucking heads; I. Can't. Stop!" She gave me a concerning look, "Yes you can. Just, instead of cutting yourself," she grabbed a hold of my hands again, "Come talk to me, okay?"

I realized we were face to face with each other, she was so close. I blushed, "Pearl, I-I want t-to, but I-" She cut me off, by kissing me! Her soft lips were pressed hard against mine. I was shocked at first, I barely know her, but yet I feel like we were meant to be. I fell into her embrace as she kissed me, when we finally broke for air, we looked into each other's eyes when she finally said, "Garnet, I...t-that was...amazing."

"That was your first kiss wasn't it?" She blushed and nodded, I smiled and hugged her, "Mine too." We sat hugging each other until I heard a car door slam. I broke away, and looked towards the direction I heard it. Dad! Oh no! I looked at Pearl, "Pearl, I have to go! My dad's home!" She gave me a confused looked, so I said quickly, "He mustn't know about us, okay?!" I rushed into the house, and saw that my dad was screaming at mom again, "This is your fault! She's fucked up because of you!" My mother just continued to wash dishes as he screamed at her, she threw the wash rag down, "It is not my fault! At least I love her for who she is!" They're fighting about Amethyst again... They didn't even notice that I walked in, I watched as he slapped her down, "You act like I don't love her! I wouldn't even be with you if I didn't fucking love her! I would've left you; you stupid whore!" My mother stood up again, her dark hair falling in her face, her face was darker than usual because of the hit.

I couldn't take anymore, I ran in, "Stop it!" He was raising his hand to slap her again, but I stepped in the way and took the hit for her. One of the few I should pay back. The hit was pretty hard, but I didn't fall to ground. He gave me an angry look, "Dumbass! Why did you step in the way!?" I stood tall, as if I was proud, but I didn't respond. "Answer me, now!" I said nothing and took another hit, this time it was harder. I hit the ground, I looked up at him with fear in my eyes, but I looked back down at the ground. My mother stood there above me as well, shaking her head as a few tears fell from her chin. He yelled at me again, "Look at me now!" I looked at him, he spat in my face, "Go to bedroom, and don't come back out!" I stood up and ran for my room.

Pearl's POV...

I hope she finds the note I slipped into her pocket... I had slipped a note into her pocket that had my number on after I found out about her cutting herself. I do hope it makes a difference. I just couldn't get my mind off her, and...the kiss. I looked at my study desk and saw the sketchbook I had picked up at the lake, It must be hers...I should return it tomorrow... Curiosity got the best of me and I started flipping through the book, I stopped on the last page where she stopped drawing a certain picture. I blushed deeply, feeling the heat of my cheeks made me blush even more, the picture I was looking at was me, She's amazing! It was extremely detailed, yet, I actually looked pretty. Oh my God! I can't believe she was thinking about me! My heart fluttered at that thought, and I laid down on my bed thinking about a few...personal ideas.

Back to Garnet's POV...

I reached in my pocket to pull out my knife when I felt a piece of paper. I was momentarily confused until I pulled it out and read it, It's Pearl's number... I grabbed my phone off my desk and called her immediately, "Pearl?"

"Garnet?"

"Yeah, um...may I stay the night? I...really don't wanna be home..."

"Oh sure! I'll ask my mom real quick!" It went silent for a minute, then she spoke, "You can stay! Would you like us to come get you?"

"No. I'll be over in a minute." And I hung up, I sighed and opened my window, silently sneaking out of the house. As soon as my feet hit the sidewalk, I took off into a dead sprint to Pearl's house. Fuck! I don't where she lives! I'll just call her... Before I could do anything, I ran into someone. "Oof!" I looked at the person I ran into, "Amy?" She looked at me, "Where are you going?"

"To a friend's house." She started to tear up, "Please, stay home with me!"

"No, you come with me. I'm sure Pearl wouldn't mind." I grabbed her hand and called Pearl hoping for a yes, and I did get one. Now, I think it's time Amethyst needs to know...