Chapter 6

Midnight... It's already midnight... I cried, more tears streaming down my face, I had already cut two more pretty lines into my arm, and I wasn't about to stop there. I placed the cold, steel knife against my warm skin and slowly, I pressed down and another slice was made. I smiled, this felt good, I needed this, and that's when it starting hurting. 

I dropped the knife. Why is this hurting!? It was feeling good just a second ago, and that's when she entered my mind:

"Yes you can. Just, instead of cutting yourself," she grabbed a hold of my hands again, holding them tightly, looking at me with this loving look, "Come talk to me, okay." 

That's when we kissed for the first time... I put the blade down and buried my face into my knees, I want her here...I want to hold her and let her hug me... I sat up and looked up at the clock; 12:37. Maybe she's still awake.... I took a deep breath and pulled out my phone. I texted her and waited for a few minutes, and every second that passed, I lost more hope. Then it vibrated. My heart jumped as I picked it up, and the text read;

Garnet, you okay?

I replied, "no." And only a few seconds later I received another text;

What's wrong? Do I need to come get you? 

I smiled and told her no that I just needed to talk for a while. I opened my window and was gretted by a cool breeze, I smiled and stepped outside. Once I reched the pond (where Pearl and I had our first kiss) and I pulled my phone out once again. I dialed her number and it rang twice before she picked up.

"Okay, I'm listening, Garnet. What happened?"

I told her everything, except that I cut myself. I heard a sigh over the phone once I finished, I was confused, "Pearl, what's wrong?" 

"You did it didn't you?" I knew exactly what she meant, but she didn't sound mad. She didn't sound upset, or disappointed or anything, just caring. That's when the tears came back, "P-P-Pearl, I-I" I couldn't say anything, she said so calmly, "Garnet, I promise everything will be okay. Now, are you sure you don't wanna come over?" I smiled, "I-I'll b-be over in a-a little bit." I surprised I choked that out, but right now, all I needed was her. And her alone.

I sprinted down the cool pavement, the bright moon shining on my dark skin as I ran. Before I knew it, I was only a few streets away from Pearl's.

Pearl's POV...

I looked at the clock, Hmm, it's almost one o'clock....I hope she's okay. When I had talked to her on phone she sounded so miserable...I want to hug her so badly and make her feel better. That's when a tap came from my window. I ran over to it, and opened only to reveal Garnet. "Oh my God, Garnet!" I whispered harshly, "You could fall!" I help her in, she chuckled under her breath and said in a soothing voice, "Guess I should've used the front door, huh?"

I rolled my eyes, and threw myself into her. I heard her grunt but she wrapped around me as well. She's so warm. I could feel my eyes become heavy, I blinked a few times but the weight wouldn't go away, so I suggested, "Garnet, how about we go to bed?"

I felt myself be picked up and carried back to the king-sized bed, and laid down. She got in as well. I smiled, rolled over, and laid my head on her chest. I have never been so comfortable. I smiled, I never want to leave this spot. 

When I woke up a few hours late, she was gone. I was kinda upset, Why did she leave? That's when my mother burst through the door, "Pearl! Are you okay?!" I answered her, slightly confused, "Uh, yeah, why?"

"Because I think someone broke into the house!" I tried not to be sarcastic, but it hurt my head that she could be so protective at times, "Mom, no one broke in." She gave me a dirty look taht sent shivers down my spine, she spat out, "Whatever! Excuse me trying to keep you safe! But fine, hurry up and get ready! Sometimes I wish you were Rose instead-"

"Shut up! I'm tired of hearing about Rose! All you talk about is Rose, Rose, Rose-" I felt a pain go through my cheek, I looked at my mother with shock in my eyes, she said harshly through gritted teeth, "Don't you ever talk to me like that again!" 

I didn't say a word. This is the first time she's hit in me in years, and I had forgotten this pain. I took a deep breath and said, "Yes, mother, now, will you please excuse me. I...need to get ready for school. I love you." She walked away, not saying I love you back.

This must be how Garnet feels all the time...no wonder she cuts...