Chapter 2

Pearl's POV...

I can't get my mind off Garnet! There's just something about her that...makes me feel weird...Wait! Does this mean I'm crushing on her?! No! That can't be! It's nothing against Garnet, it's my mom. She would never approve of me dating a girl, no matter how pretty she is. There I go again! God, but her eyes! And her dark skin that compliments her beautiful ebony hair. I sighed, Even if she was into girls, she certainly wouldn't like me... I'm not very pretty, or at least that's what my mom says. But hey, she's honest right? I'm really skinny and boney, my hair is cut like a boys', I'm very pale, and I have glasses that are too big for my face because I'm so tiny...

Now, my sister Rose is gorgeous, even with her pink-dyed hair. She's perfectly tan, she has long, curly pink hair, and she is curved in all the right places. She moved out a few years ago and is doing amazing on her own. She has a huge condo, lots of money, and still has time to visit mom and I. I forgot where she works, but she's a big company owner so, yeah. "Pearl! Dinner time!" I sighed and got out of bed, opening my door I yelled, "Coming mom!" I walked down stairs to the dining table, when I sat down mom started, "Alright, dear! Your sister said she was planning on coming to visit in a few weeks! Ooh, isn't that exciting!" I smiled, "Yeah."

I love Rose, don't get me wrong, but let's just say, I'm a ghost when she's here. After dinner, I went upstairs and took my shower and went to bed. As I laid in bed, my mind kept racing, I should walk with Garnet tomorrow. Oh, but what if she doesn't want to? I was really annoying today...Ugh! What's wrong with me?! I think I'll just walk alone tomorrow... I sighed, Why? Why does this have to happen to me? Why not someone who doesn't have a psycho mom who would literally kick me out for being gay... I soon fell asleep, but my dream didn't help my fears...

I walked to school, it was normal. Or at least I thought...I walked to my locker, but then I heard yelling from down the hallway, "Hey lesbo! Where's your girlfriend?" I was confused, "Who are you calling a lesbo?"

"You! Dumbass!" This was followed by laughter from the boys down the hall, I felt tears swell up in my eyes, soon I was surrounded by people laughing. I cried, "Stop it! Stop it!" I could hear them still shouting at me. When I looked up I saw Garnet standing before me, I reached up, "Help me." She shook her head, "Not in a million years." I still reached for her, but she moved away and I fell on my face. They all laughed at me again, "Please...stop..."

I got up and ran out of the school, straight home. I burst through, tears streaming down my cheeks. My mother stood before me, "Mom...I-"

"Get out."

"What?"

"You're a sinner! Get out of my house!" Everything started turning black, and her eyes turned red. She reached for me with large, black claw-like hands and-

I shot up from bed, sweat rolling down my face. I curled up and buried my face in my knees, rethinking everything. I looked at the clock on my nightstand, 2:58 am... I sighed and laid back, trying to go back to sleep. Next thing I knew, I waking up again, this time to my alarm. I yawned, I felt like I didn't get any sleep. I looked around my room from my queen-sized bed, it's a pretty big room, I have a walk in closet next to the door, on the farthest side away from the door is my TV and my computer desk. I got out of bed and walked into to my closet, I looked through various shirts and blouses. I decided to go with a coral colored button-up shirt, and a black skirt. I also decided to wear my pearl necklace with a black rose on the end, I wasn't a very big fan of jewelry but it looked nice. I also decided on make-up, Ooh, maybe Garnet will notice! My eyes widened, Did I really just think that?! I shook my head gently and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

Garnet's POV...

I'm not going to school today. I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I had already sent Amy off to school, Thank God she and I don't go to the same school. I sighed again, mom and dad are gone. Dad went to work, and mom is visiting Grandma to help clean. I should go to the lake and draw. There's a lake not far from here it's like right behind my house, it's actually quite peaceful, and that should definitely do me some good.

Pearl's POV...

I walked past Garnet's house and sighed, Well, I do have a few classes with her! Perhaps she won't mind me sitting with her. I walked into the school, Well, time to start another day. I walked into my first hour class (which I share with Garnet) and noticed she wasn't in her usual spot. Hmm, that's odd, she hardly ever misses school... I decided she may be sick and came up with a plan to visit her during lunch break.

After what seemed like forever, the lunch bell finally rang, I smiled and slipped past everyone to the front doors, and went straight for Garnet's, when I got there, I heard music from behind the house. I walked around and saw a figure sitting by a lake, I tilted my head confused and started for the figure. When I finally saw who it was, I realized it was Garnet. I smiled, "Hi, Garnet!" She jumped and fumbled with a sketchbook in her hands, "O-oh h-hi, Pearl!" She laughed nervously, I looked at with confusion, "What where drawing?"

"Nothing."

"Oh really?" I smirked, "C'mon, lemme see!" She blushed lightly and shook her head, I rolled my eyes and gave up, "Okay. Hey, why aren't at school?"

"I didn't feel like going." I sighed, "Oh...Um, d-do you mind me uh, staying here w-with you?" She shrugged, "Sure." I looked at the scenery, the golden lake, the beautiful green trees, and the butterflies. It was almost as if this was a movie. I took off my button-up and revealed a white tank top, "Much better," I looked at Garnet, she was still wearing a black hoodie, "Aren't you hot in that?" She shook her head, but I could see the sweat. I shook my head, "Just take it off."

"I don't want to." She grabbed the sleeves of the hoodie. I smiled, "It's way too hot out here to be wearing that!" I reached out and grabbed the hoodie a little bit, she flinched and yelled, "No please!" I looked at her with shock, she looked away, "...I'm so sorry..."

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry..." Then I pulled a Rose. Pulling a Rose is where you act on instinct to help someone instead of thinking. I hugged Garnet and to my surprise she hugged me back, I smiled, "I'm here for you, Garnet."