Chapter 7

A few weeks have past, and Garnet and Pearl had decided it's best they take their unexpected relationship slow. So far it has been fairly well, they haven't been able to kiss, or show very much affection, but there's just something there that tells them, it'll eventually be alright...

Pearl's POV...

"So, how has it been? You've been pretty silent all day and it's starting to worry me." I hear the girl in front of me sigh, I tilted my head and waited for an answer, she looked away and answered, "He hit her again last night..." 

"That's awful..." That's when I saw the look, she wanted to rant, she wanted me to hold her and let her cry. I took her hand and we headed for the parking lot. Once we were there, I took both of her hands and said, "Okay, let it out." She took and deep breath and said through gritted teeth, trying not to cry, "Why is he hitting her and not me?! Why her!?" Then she blew, "This is fucking bullshit! Amethyst doesn't even do anything and he's grabbing her hair, throwing her down, kicking her, hitting her, and last night he almost cut her! If I wasn't there only God knows what would happen!" Tears where streaming down her dark cheeks, staining them.

I gently wiped her tears, "Oh Garnet, I wish I could understand, but I can't...But I have to ask, why won't you tell anyone?" I hugged her and heard her choke out, "B-because they can t-take Amy away from m-me!" I held her close, my head tucked under chin as she cried. I hate seeing her this way, but the best I can do is be here. "Pearl?" My heart jumped and I pulled away, only to look directly into my sister Rose's eyes. "Rose wha-what are you doing here?" I was shocked, Rose wasn't supposed to be here 'til this weekend, let alone be at my school.

"Well, I had permission from mom to come get you early. I hope you mind me asking, but who is this?" Rose had a big grin, I blushed, "Uh, t-this is my friend Garnet."

Garnet's POV...

Who is this person and how does she know Pearl, wait mom? Is she Pearl's sister? ...She is pretty but what's with the big, pink hair? I wiped away my tears and stared at this...strange woman. She looked nothing like Pearl or her mother, but there's something about her that I like. She seems understanding. She extended her arm and said to me, "Hello, Garnet, I'm Pearl's sister Rose." 

"Hi."

"Oh wow, you have an accent!" She smiled at me, I took notice of her full lips that had light pink lipstick on them, and her pink shirt and pink rose necklace. "Uh, yeah...My mom speaks this way as well. My sister didn't pick it up because of my dad I guess. Now that I think of it, why doesn't Amy have the accent? I shook the thoughts away and said to Pearl, "Pearl, I guess I'll see you later...I gotta get to class."

"But Garnet!" She grabbed my arm, I turned to her and smiled, "I'm sure your sister wants to spend time with you, love." I kissed her forehead without thinking, my eyes widened and so did her's Fuck! Fuck! Well there goes our secret and Pearl's gonna kill me! We both looked at Rose, her smile grew immensely and she hugged saying, "Awe! You two are so cute!" I gasped lightly, and that's when Pearl said, "Y-you t-think we're cute?" Rose nodded and pulled away, "I don't judge that like mom." She looked at Pearl, "And don't worry, I promise I won't tell." She hugged Pearl, I smiled, it reminded me of Amethyst and I.

I sighed and decided I better head back to hell. The bell had rang a few minutes ago, and I knew I was already late to Mr. Langster's. High-tempered prick... But before I could leave, I felt a small hand on my shoulder and turned to Pearl, she smiled and said, "Hey, Rose said you could come too. Mom's not home and I figured you could use a break." I smiled, and for once, only myself came to my head. Amy will be fine. I'll pick her up from school later, no big deal. "Oh okay, as long as Rose doesn't mind."