Chapter 5

Amethyst had stayed silent most of the night, this worried Garnet terribly. The worst part was when it was time for bed, Pearl suggested they could all sleep in her king-sized bed, but Amethyst said, as nicely as possible: "No." Garnet had given her a look that said, "Amethyst! She's being nice." But, Amethyst ended up sleeping in a recliner.

Garnet woke up a few hours later, and felt a small figured next to her, she looked down to see Pearl, the taller girl smiled, She's so cute when she's sleeping. Garnet looked over to see Amy sitting up with her head down, Garnet felt a sharp pain enter her chest. She immediately got up and went over to her little sister, only to hear stifled sobs. She gasped lightly and swooped Amethyst up in her arms. The younger girl began to cry into her older sister's chest. Garnet sat down and began to coo her. "It's okay, I'm here. No one's gonna hurt you..." She began gently rocking her sister, that's when Amethyst croaked out, "I-I d-don't wanna...be here..."

"Why didn't you say so earlier?" Garnet had said it so gentle, Amethyst didn't realize that Garnet was a little upset. Now, she wasn't mad at her sister, but, at herself for forcing her sister to be here. "I'm sorry, Amy..."

"I feel like you're gonna leave me..."

"What?" Amethyst lifted her head up, and said while wiping her eyes, "I feel like you're gonna leave me for Pearl a lot, and then she's gonna break your heart, and you're gonna leave me..."

"Oh Amy..." Was all Garnet replied as she held her sister, with a deep sigh she said, "Look, I swear, I will never leave you, okay? I've already made this promise, remember?" Amethyst nodded, Garnet smiled, "Let's get some sleep, and we'll leave early tomorrow, okay?" Amethyst replied with another nod. The older sister, picked up Amy and carried her to the large bed, and laid her down. Garnet crawled over Amethyst and laid in the middle. She felt the two small figures curl up to her, she took a deep breathe, and with a soft, happy sigh, she closed her eyes, soon drifting off to sleep.

Garnet woke up again, this time to meet a pair of bright, blue eyes. She smiled and kissed Pearl quickly, the pale girl blushed a bright pink, Pearl then stuttered out, "G-good m-morning to you, too." Garnet looked to her right, and saw Amethyst sleeping soundly next to her, she smiled, This is the calmest she's slept in a while. Pearl hugged Garnet closer and said, "I want you guys to come over more. I don't feel so lonely with you and Amy here."

Garnet small smile faded, she sighed, "I'll probably be over, but I don't think Amy wants to be here..." Pearl had a saddened look, "Oh...I really hope she doesn't think I don't like her...I really do, she's really cool and funny. Wait, it's me isn't it?" Garnet raised her eyebrow, "What?" She asked, Pearl turned her head and answered softly, "She doesn't want to be here 'cause of me, huh?"

"No." Garnet and Pearl looked at Amethyst who was now sitting up, she rubbed her tired eyes, "Nah, P, I just feel like I don't belong 'cause me and Garnet aren't really rich, ya'know?"

"P?" Pearl asked, Amethyst shrugged and grinned, "You're cool enough for a nickname." Pearl smiled brightly, but before she could say thank you, Amethyst smirked and said, "Yeah, and maybe cool enough to date my sister." Pearl blushed deeply while Garnet playfully hit Amethyst in the arm, who only laughed at her sister's gesture.

When the girls were awake enough, they all got up, and went down downstairs to be greeted by Pearl's mom. "Good morning, girls! Would you ladies like some breakfast?" Amethyst eagerly nodded, Garnet smiled and said politely, "Yes ma'am." After breakfast, Pearl's mom-Ms. Stone-left for work. She told the Garnet that she would appreciate it greatly if they would leave around 2, but Garnet said they needed to leave earlier.

"Garnet, why most the two of you leave so early?" Garnet gulped, and thought of a way to explain it without Pearl knowing the truth. "We, uh-well, I kinda...left without permission..."

"Oh."

"Yeah." Then an awkward silence filled the room, after a few moments, Garnet said sadly, "Well, we...better get going. I'll...see ya later." She hugged Pearl and gave her kiss on the forehead. She went to the front door and turned to Amethyst, "Go get your stuff." The younger girl nodded, and went upstairs to get her stuff. When she came back down, she came by Pearl and said, "Please...don't break her heart." Pearl nodded and watched as the sisters left. Leaving her alone, once again.

She sighed, I miss them already...

Garnet's POV

"Hurry, Amy!" I yelled, I knew we should've left earlier but Ms. Stone was really nice and I didn't want to be rude. I looked at Amethyst who was running right beside me, and I could see the fear in her face. I hope dad isn't there... I ran faster, but I knew that if he was there and knew that we were gone, this was going to be one hell of  a beating! I began to pray that, that bastard wasn't home as we neared the old white house.

"Amy, c'mere, through my window." We ran over to my bedroom window, and I lifted her up through the window and into the house. Once I climbed in, I saw him holding her by her hair. I screamed, "Let go of her!" He gave me a look that told me that I was stupid, this angered me, "Put. Her. Down." I snarled through gritted teeth, he put her down and looked at me, "You'll be punished next."

Then he his fist met Amethyst's face, she hit the ground with a loud thud, wailing and holding onto her nose. Anger got the best of me, I punched him in the face, sending him to the ground, I pounced at him, hitting him a few more times before he pushed me off. He stood up, lifted his shirt sleeves and said,  "Now you've done it."

I laid there that night, beaten, unable to move. I could barely see out of my left eye, my lips were swollen and my nose was broke.

The rest of my body was bruised horribly from the kicks. But, what really hurt me, was I couldn't hold Amy, she really needed me tonight... But that fucking bastard... I'm so sorry Amy... I wasn't strong enough...