Chapter 15

Garnet's POV...

I carried Amethyst up to the bedroom and laid her down softly on the bed. I felt her forehead again, her fever was gone for now, but she was shivering. I sighed and crawled over her, when I laid down, I pulled her and Pearl close to me. I smiled as they both curled up to me, and slowly I drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up that morning, I looked over to see Amethyst breathing heavily. My stomach dropped, I better hurry home and get her to the doctor. I sat up and shook Pearl slightly, "My love?" Her eyes fluttered open, when those beautiful eyes met mine, she smiled and twirled her hair, "Yes~?" I leaned down and kissed her, when I sat back up, I whispered, "I...have to go. Amethyst is sick and I need to get her to the doctor."

Pearl sat up with a worried look, "Is she okay?"

"I'm not sure."

"Girls?" We looked over at Rose, she slowly walked in, she looked very concerned, she then asked, "Is everything okay?"

Before I could say anything, Pearl answered, "Amy's sick..."

"Oh my," Rose rushed to Amethyst's side, I watched as the woman checked Amy for a fever. That's when Rose woke Amethyst up, "Amy, dear, wake up."

My sister barely moved, she groaned, "I'm hurting really badly..." Rose stood up, she looked at Pearl and I and said sternly, "Girls, get dressed and help me get Amethyst ready and to the car. I'm taking her to the hospital."

I didn't argue, I got up and dressed as fast as I could. Once I was fully clothed, I grabbed Amethyst's hoodie and her tennis shoes (she had slept in her sweat pants). My anxiety grew more and more, she wasn't talking, and she was barely moving. I tried to keep my mind away from dark thoughts, but it kept going to the worst.             

I picked my sister up and carried her to Rose's car, and on to the hospital we went.

Pearl's POV...

I'm really worried about Amy... Garnet, Rose, and I have been waiting in the waiting room for a while now. When we got here, the immediately rushed her to ICU. I looked at my girlfriend, she was tapping her foot repeatedly on the floor with her chin resting on her hands. I sighed softly and took her hand, she looked at me with a heartbroken expression, I squeezed her hand and forced a smile. She tried, but only tears came.

I hugged her tightly, trying to hold back tears myself, she silently cried into my shoulder. Seeing her like this broke my heart. Just as I was about to tell her it was going to be okay. Hours seemed to pass until the doctor came and told us we could go see her.

We entered the room and saw the small girl laying on the bed with an oxygen mask. Garnet dashed to her and began to murmur soft reassurances, Amethyst shifted her hand to her sister's and smiled weakly, Garnet still had tears streaming down her face as she hugged the younger girl. I smiled, things were gonna be alright. 

I turned around to see Rose speaking to the doctor, I saw the shocked expression on her face, then it slowly turned to melancholy. I gave her a confused look as she returned to the room, Rose then cleared her throat and spoke, "Garnet...Thank God you two had stayed and I checked on you this morning." Garnet took a deep breath and tried to question calmly, "W-why?"

Rose lowered her head, "...Amethyst is very lucky to be alive...the reason it took so long for us to see her is..they had found internal bleeding near her stomach and it was slowly ripping open. So they rushed her into surgery and fixed it. Not to mention she has strep. But she's going to have to take it easy for a while, and she has to stay here tonight."

Garnet stood up and walked over to Rose, hugging her, I heard Garnet say, "Thank you, thank you so much, Rose."

Garnet's POV...

When I pulled away from Rose, I smiled slyly. I regained my composure when I realized my mother needed to know about this. I reached for my phone and stepped outside Amy's room. 

It rang a few times before she picked up, "Hello? Mum?"

*sniffle* "Garnet? W-where are you?"

"Mum, I'm at the hospital with Amethyst..She's in rough shape and they're going to keep her overnight."

"Oh my God, I-I'll be there as soon as I can!"

And she hung up the phone. I sighed and walked back into the room, I smiled at Amethyst when I saw that the doctor's took her off the mask, I then asked, "Hey Ames, you wanna snack from the vending machine? I'll get you your favorite pop too if ya want."

She nodded eagerly, "Yes, please!" I chuckled, "Okay, I'll be right back."

I walked down the hallway to the vending machine to get her some pop rocks and 7up. As I was walking back, I stopped dead in my tracks. My father was at the end of the hall, waiting. He scrunched up his nose and said rather loudly, "Come. Here."

I hesitantly walked up to him, when I got close enough he could reach me he hissed and grabbed my shirt pulling me to his face, "When we get home, your ass is mine!" And he released my shirt. My eyes widened with fear when I figured out what he meant. My mother was staying with Amethyst, I was going home with my father. Alone. I wanted to drop to the floor and cry, only God knows what he could do if my mother's not there. Panic began to rise in my chest as I neared the room, when I walked in, I felt the tense atmosphere hit me like a boulder.

My father was standing in the corner away from everyone, while my mother sat by the bed. I gulped and strolled over to Amethyst to hand her, her goodies. When I took my seat next to Pearl, I could feel my dad's glare like daggers stabbing me, I gripped Pearl's hand tightly, hoping, maybe just maybe, Mum will come through me.