Chapter 1: Someone else

Chapter 1

Someone else

>>Carter

If there's one thing in this world I hate it's the truth.

Painful. Blunt. And the thing that everyone doesn't want to hear. Why do people want the truth? They either get angry, sad, or hurt by it. But there's one thing that we call the truth on this earth, and that's reality.

I, Carter Summers, live in a very pathetic one.

In a small town called Regional Hills, there's a population of 90,000 people. 10,000 of those are the children the age of 16-19. One out of the ten thousand was me.

A homosexual boy.

I go to Newton High, the best school in town. And also the most strict. I wasn't beaten up on a daily basis, but i know some students just wished they could. I get threatened, and verbally abused, but I'm strong and enough to take it until I finally get out of this hellhole of a town. Just one more year, and I'm out.

Everyone just glares in my direction as I walk down the halls. They all part away like they expect me to have some sort of contagious disease they'll catch with one wrong touch from me. I don’t really mind though. Makes it easier for me to walk through without me having to bump against another person and make it to my locker late. I guess being hated has its perks sometimes.  I felt every glare burning through my skin and involuntary heard every word coming from the typical teen species.

“Fag.” A disdainful voice spat at my presence as walk passed.

 “Cock sucker.” A girl gagged along with her friend.

“Waste of space.”

“Disgusting leech.” Another irritated voice muttered.

“Loser.”

Oh how I feel the love. I thought as I rolled my eyes at their idiocy. You’d think after three years of the same insults they’d either get bored or get on with their lives instead of judging mines. The least they could do is come up with something more original than the ‘f’ word. Honestly it’s my freaking senior year! I know all of you have something else to worry about than my sad life.

Taking my chemistry text out of my lockers, and doubled checked to make sure my three locks were secure. Don’t want anyone placing some kind of poison or love notes of hate in there now would we?

It was my lucky week knowing that the jocks were away on a tournament for the week. There was no one other than them and their leader, Rolan Drake, that tries anything physical with me. I’ve avoided they’re presence since freshmen year, and that usually works. The asses are smart enough not to do too any physical  damage, for they know they're going to get their ass thrown out of school, though a good verbal name calling here or there a day kept those masochistic bastards satisfied. A good week without them is a year vacation in my mind.

…………………..

 I was just about to make my way towards my favorite and last period.

Creative Writing.

It seems boring and a waste of time for others, but for me, it made me really say how I feel within the papers as I express myself. It’s also one of the only class that no one even tries to mess with me, because the lovely Mrs. Jazz would have their ass expelled or something. I didn’t really enjoy anyone reading things I wrote, but I made an exception to the teacher Mrs. Jazz. She’s probably the only person on the entire campus that doesn’t say anything negative because of my sexuality. In fact, she’s one of those oh so loving fangirls that are very rare in this stupid town. At least someone’s up to date with the fact we’re in the twenty-first century.