Chapter 26: What do you say...?

Chapter 26

***The song I listened to on repeat to the side**

***The Cabin on the side****

What do you say...?

>>>Carter

I am not okay. Okay?

My mind was racing with about a hundred and one very logical reasons to back out, and I say that in the most non-cowardly way possible. I didn't want to sound like a little cur, but it was the truth even though I was trying to not show it, yet here I am, pacing around in my room wondering how in the name of Lana Del Ray did I end up in this situation on a cold Saturday afternoon for a... a..

Date... Just the word itself made my chest tighten in a moment of apprehension, and I couldn't help but think...

What. Am. I. Doing?

I glanced at my phone, lying on the nightstand located beside my bed, thinking for a moment; I shook my head in disagreement with what I had in mind, because I knew it wouldn't end well. Earlier, I called Genevieve and trusted the little fangirl with how nervous I was and this is what she told me in the most menacingly way I've ever heard from someone.

And I quote. "If you even think about backing out of this Carter, I'm going to break both of your legs so you can't run from anything ever again."

The loving words of comfort from my oh so loving friend everybody, give her a round of applause. Now, I have no one to talk to or rant with on how many negative vibes I was getting, and I can't help but think....

Something was going to go wrong.... And I don't know what it is.

Even when I was with that prick Patrick, I was never this nervous when we were going out. Giddy? Sure. Smiling and content? Yeah, I was fourteen and dumber than a brick for thinking I was happy with that dick, so don't judge me.

Was I scared out of my mind then? Nope. Biting the last bit of my fingernails like a bad habit? Not that I can remember. So, why was I like this now? It's like this sense of dread that keeps churning in my stomach at the thought if something were to go wrong. I didn't know whether to shrug it off as nervousness or a sign that my feelings are being completely irrational right now.

I sighed. Maybe it was just that. I've never been one to over react on something so trivial. It was literally just a movie, which he refused to tell me the name of, and a drive around to God knows where, but as long as he doesn't try anything then I won't have to use the pepper spray I have hidden in my jeans pocket.

Yes, I have one, and they're very handy in my opinion, so sue me.

I scoffed at my thoughts, slapping a palm to my forehead before plopping myself on my bed in mental exhaustion. I'm think I'm over thinking this.

Buzzzzzzz

I groaned, reaching over to my nightstand in a lazy manner, feeling over the smooth wooden surface in search as I felt my phone and quickly took it into my palm before answering without even looking at the ID.

"Eve I promise I'm not running away from anything. I'm just waiting for him to-"

"Really?" a much different voice form who I expected it to be answers, making me gulp in nervousness. Oh Uh. "Run away from what exactly Summer?"

"And you're calling me why?" I say, taking a note to myself to always look at the dang ID before answering my cell like a smart person would.

"Oh I get it." His soft chuckle envelops in my ear, making me smile unconsciously at the sound. "You're nervous."