Chapter 13:This is a joke.... right? (Pt 2)

Chapter 13

This is a Joke… Right? (Part 2)

>>Carter

“Mrs. Jazz?” I say before stepping into her classroom only to find it empty once more. She’s not here. I sighed impatiently before taking a seat in one of the empty chairs before resting my head on the hard wooden desk in exhaustion.

I’m just gonna wait here until she comes back so I can give the reply. School was over at least, so I didn’t have to worry if anyone had to come in. Genevieve had a student council meeting right now, but she’ll come over later so we can watch some more episodes of Teen Wolf. She practically screamed "hallelujah!" to some invisible force in the sky when I asked her to, so I know she’ll come.

I took my brown glasses off and set it upon the desk before I laid down and closed my eyes for a bit. I just wanted to relax, but all I managed to do was fall asleep.

……………………..

“Ah.” I yawned rubbing my eyes before reaching out to grab my glasses. All I felt was the emptiness of the cold wooden desk, instantly making me panic as I jumped out of the chair.

“Looking for something?” a playful deep voice chuckled as I froze where I stood at the revelation that I wasn't alone.

“Give it back.” I demanded turning towards the smug face of none other than Nolan Drake leaning against Mrs. Jazz’s desk.

“What?” he smirked before twirling my glasses around in his finger like it was a freaking toy. “You mean this old thing?”

“No. The brown goggles that I put on my face.” I rolled my eyes making him raise a brow in amusement at this situation.

“Come and get it.”

I scoffed before walking over to him cautiously as I reached for them. But before I could take it from his grasp he simply lifts his arm up in the air where I couldn't reach.

“Reach for it.”

“Really?!” I stomped my foot in irritation before jumping in vain for it over this wall of a boy a couple of times before saying. “This is stupid give it back!”

“Why should I Summers?” he chuckles deeply.

I glared in response as his face grew with more amusement.

“Give. It. Back. Drake.”

To my surpise, all he did was cut his eyes in response before lowering his arms to place the glasses in front of me.

“Here.” He said

‘That was too easy.’ I thought.

I reached for it once more only to have him throw it in the air too quick for my tired eyes as he caught it easily in the other hand.

I glared at him in his smug look. 'I knew it.'

“What?” he asked as innocently as a snake. “I said here.”

I crossed my arms in irritation and looked straight into his pale green eyes. What game was he playing at? I can see him just fine since we were just a few inches from each other, but he doesn’t know that. He must think I’m as blind as a bat right now.

I reached out quick, but not quick enough as he threw it once more only to catch it with his adjacent wrist.

“Hey!” I lunged once more but he flung it again over my shoulder and caught it with his left foot making it dangle by his ankles as he stood on one foot quite easily. “What is this football!? You’re going to break it!” I reached once more only to have him kick it over my head to catch it in his hands once more. Is this dude a Magician or something!?