Chapter 22: An 'A' and an 'X'

Chapter 22:

An 'A' and an 'X'

***Patrick Price on the side***

>>>Carter

Sometimes when you look at a test, you can't help but wonder, 'Why the hell did I even study, when I can't even understand what the crap is on this paper?' Yeah. This is one of those days for me right now.

Biology was the last period for today, which I was totally grateful for since it was also Friday, but the fact that I'm so stressed about this test in front of me right now completely ruined the day for me altogether, and I'll probably lay in bed tonight thinking 'Shit I think I failed' until I receive it back on Monday. I tapped my pen on the desk, impatiently running a hand through my hair trying my best to answer a trick question on this complicated crap that I thought I prepared for perfectly.

"Five more minutes." Mrs. Pastillo warns, causing half the class to groan in response. "Oh come on guys it's not that hard."

You made it. Of course it's not for you.

I answered the last question in haste, not really sure if what I wrote was justifiable, but at least tried to get something in before my time ran out. I set my pen down, curiosity getting the better of me as I glanced towards the back where Nolan was located wishing that I didn't as my jaw slacked disbelievingly at the site.

He was sleeping quite soundly with his head on the desk as if this was daycare nap time instead of a high-school test.

Oh this no good rotten little-

"Time's up." Mrs. Pastillo announces, her small frame getting up from the desk as she went around to collect the test papers from each row. As she passes Nolan's desk, she gently shakes his shoulders to wake him up. He opens his green eyes before slowly sitting up in his desk, wiping the drool that creeped from the corner of his lips.

"Had a nice nap Mr. Drake?"

"Very much thanks for asking." He answered casually, handing over the test paper in an innocent manner.

Mrs. Pastillo narrowed her eyes in annoyance, shaking her head with disbelief as she takes it and place it along with the pile within her arms. "So everyone other than the one who didn't seem to do the test, how was it?"

She just had to ask.

A chorus of groans and complaints echoed throughout the room, causing her to grin in response.

"Miss that wasn't cool." A guy in the front complained.

"I didn't know how to answer those structured questions." A girl whined beside me. "It was like totally unrelated to the topic!"

"Okay sounds like it went pretty well." The teacher shrugs as if she didn't just hear those comments.

Another symphony of complaints waved across as I shook my head, quietly leaning down on my desk to get some shut eye before the bell rang. What a bunch of crybabies for thinking that complaining will get them anywhere. I think I'm screwed for that too, but you don't see me going all 'Woe is me.' Or 'life isn't fair.', because the reality of it is that sometimes things are just that. Unfair. Suck it up.

"Good afternoon." The voice of the wicked witch herself announced on the P.A System through speakers that were placed on every corner of the room, causing everyone in the class to immediately die down with their one on several with their teacher, and me to internally groan at the sound of Maybelle's voice.

"Class we have an announcement." Mrs. Pastillo hushed.

It was punishable if anyone interrupted or made a sound during an announcement whether you were in the middle of a quiz, presentation or not you must listen. A pencil can drop, and I was very sure the entire school would hear it within the moment of complete silence that challenged that of a funeral home within the entire campus.