Chapter 12: This is joke... Right? Pt 1

Chapter 12

This is a joke.... Right? (Part 1)

>>Carter

Dear Reality,

I've been hurt again.

I've been used and mentally abused. I've been crying every night wondering 'Is it all going to end?' or ' When can I be happy again?' I feel so alone... I don't know what to do anymore and there's no one around. You're probably my only hope on advice, because I don't trust anybody anymore. They all hurt or stab me behind the back at the end of the day... they are the ones who are responsible for me being like this in the first place. Please help me. I want to know if I should just wait it out. Maybe things will get better... but I always end up crying in the end. What should I do? I'm so tired of this.

From: BOy>BlUe

"This sounds like lyrics to a song." I muttered re-reading the note Mrs. Jazz gave me this morning.

I've been staring at it for a while now, wondering how I was going to answer. I couldn't be my usual blunt self because this was more personal than any other Questions I've gotten, but being nice isn't my style either.

"Mr. Summers is there something you'd like to share with the class?" Mr. Donovan, my lunatic math teacher, spat in my direction in disgust. I could practically feel the snickers from the sadistic students I share a class with as they feed on me getting picked on by the most homophobic teacher at this school.

"No sir." I simply answered. I already got in trouble with him this year; I'm not doing it again.

"I hope you don't see Math as a joke, for this is something very essential in everyone's life. Even one like yours."

"I don't see Math as a joke Sir." I said.

"I hope so." He glared before returning back to the board filled with Matrices equations that I already understood. So I turned my attention back to the note.

'A joke huh.' I thought.

I brought out a pen and paper as I took out an empty sheet of paper to start with the reply. No one will notice, and Mr. Donovan can just assume that I'm writing down what he's explaining in the front of the class.

Dear BOy>BlUe

There are three types of Jokes.

The first are the ones that everyone laughs at. The one where something is actually funny. The one we crack up at just by remembering it. You laugh. And you laugh... and you laugh. Because at the time it's the most hilarious thing you've ever heard.

The second one was the one where someone makes a joke where the people around you laugh, but you don't find anything funny. That's the one you force yourself to chuckle awkwardly, but no one notices because they're still laughing.

The third is the most awkward kind. It's the one where people make a joke, but you either don't notice that it's supposed to be a joke, or it takes you a long while to actually get the joke.

What is my point to this?

What do all jokes have in common?

If you're told a funny joke, you laugh to tears. If you hear the same joke a second time, you might laugh again, but not as hard. You hear it a third time and all you do is smile. You keep on hearing the same joke and you stop laughing.

If you can't laugh at the same joke over and over again, why do you keep crying over the people who hurt you over and over again?

It's because you allow them to.