Chapter 20: I don't dance

Chapter 20

I don't dance

**More or less Carter's Costume on the side***

##Play the song once you see Carter saying Enrique Iglesias ;)###

>>Carter

Genevieve and I had spent the entire day watching my lovely show as payment for me to not choke her to death. It was all fine and dandy... until Eve left about an hour ago to get ready at her house, saying that she'll be back to pick me up at seven. Looking at the time, it was now 7:02 and I've been staring at myself in the mirror with this stupid excuse of a costume for the past ten minutes thinking of a million and one reasons why this was a bad idea.

Reason number one.... I'm in a dress.

A freaking dress, and I may be gay, but I have no clue what type of crap I'm wearing right now, so don't ask me what brand it is or who made the damn thing, because I couldn't tell you if you pointed a gun to my head. To simply describe it, it was a bright scarlet. Long enough to reach just above my ankles along with long sleeves that covered up to my elbows; decorated with violet and purple lotuses, and spotted white looking lilies all over it. The type a ten year old girl would go nuts over.

According to Eve, the point of this was for people to not look twice my way if they saw a girl, which personally took a dent in my pride as I agreed that I would wear it, thinking at the time that I would get away with it. Looking at myself now on the other hand, convinced me that I was either drugged or slightly unconscious when I agreed, because this will cause more attention than anything else!

"Carter I'm back!" I hear Eve's voice coming from outside. "Let's get this party started!"

"I'm not going!" I yell before locking myself in my room. I'm not going. It's official because this isn't going to work; I look ridiculous!

"Not going my ass!" Genevieve says. Her voice becoming louder as were her footsteps until she was outside my door, and started to knock continuously. "Stop being such a drama queen, and open the door!"

"Genevieve!"

"Carter!"

"Fine." I grunt in frustration before unlocking the door. "Come in." I sit on the bed knowing full well I'm going to regret this.

"Finally." She sighs before coming in. She on the other hand, can pull off wearing a dress. Hers was a loose midnight black Dolly Parton style that went up down to her knees. It held a burnt tone to it, as if the dress had once been engulfed in flames making her seem more like an elegant zombie with skin still intact. On her face she wore a simple crescent shaped mask that covered half of her face putting more of a mystery to her look. Well at least one of us looks good.

She gasps when seeing my attire, and at that moment I wanted to shoot myself for even trying it on again. "Oh my Lana you look-"

"Say anything along the lines of cute, beautiful, or adorable I'm kicking you out."

"You look all of the above wow!" she loopholes, technically not saying them as I place my face in my hands.

"I'm wearing a freaking dress." I muttered, as if I just woke up to the reality of this situation.

"Technically it's a Kimono." Genevieve defends as I glare at her innocent smile when she responds. "It's the goddess Aine's scarlet Kimono. People won't know you're a boy let alone Carter Summers."

"Problem." I point out. "I still have the voice of a guy you know."

"Relax you're only going to be with me. If anyone else comes around don't talk."