Chapter 28: Mother knows best

Chapter 28:

Mother knows best

>>>Carter

I'm a person with values, and I'm a person with principles. I do not hit girls, and I especially do not hit women. I do not speak profanities to a woman who is eighteen years older than me, nor do I choke her if we're blood tied. I am not legally an adult for the next few months, and I cannot kill the so call 'Guardian' that pays the bills. I do not think irrationally and I do not act on impulse to see someone bleed by my hands.

Calm the hell down Carter Summers. Calm down before you do one of those things.

The stinging sensation on my face burns with probable red tint forming noticeably from the literal bitch slap I received the moment I walked through the door. My arms are kept at my sides, clawing in a tight fist in a fruitless attempt to leave them there.

"I cannot believe you." Maybelle says, the authority she thinks she possesses over me spilling from her mouth as I watch her tiredly. She was dressed in a floral nightgown attire, dark hair bouncing across her cream skinned shoulders as she glares at my non caring stare. "You deliberately disobeyed me!"

"I tend to do that when the instructions leave your mouth." I say bluntly, my voice stern, and dripping in my signature sarcasm.

"Just shut up and listen to me for once!" she instructs, pointing a menacing finger in my face making me raise an annoyed brow at the fake press-on nails being an inch away from being bit off by my teeth if she didn't put them down soon. "Do you think this rebellious attitude is going to get you anywhere in life Carter? You're leaving in a few months-"

"Hallelujah to that." I muttered, and the second I did my head snapped to the side with another audible smack bouncing of the walls of an empty household.

"Shut. Up."

And I did, crossing my arms across my chest as my fingernails dug into the skin to control my burning rage I was trying to suppress. Just let her get the damn lecture over with, and lock yourself in your room Summers... it's not like your not used to this stupid drill.

"If you think I'm allowing you to leave when I can't even trust you to take care of yourself here again you're sadly mistaken." she continues, voice full of authority and malice as if it will even make me flinch from the sound. "Carter that boy's father is one of our most respected funders. This- whatever this is- is completely and utterly disrespectful in the eyes of my school. Several reasons are screaming bad news child, and is he even worth the trouble? He's probably not even like you. He's impulsive. Do not even get me started on his ridiculous academic performance... Oh hell...is this because of you? Did one of my best students drop because of you? Don't even answer that, Damn it Carter! This screams trouble, and what will you do when this gets out of control? How can I help you a second time when you're not even helping yourself? Stop it. Stop it right now. I know how this will end for you, and it's with me covering up the drama as your principal. Stop. It. Do you understand me?"

My lips turned up into a mocking smile, watching as her anger spike tremendously in her similar hazel eyes that sadly looked like mine.

"No." I said, watching as she brings a hand to her forehead like there was a headache coming on.

"No?" she mutters, almost as if she was testing the statement on her own lips to make sure she was hearing the correct word. Then she chuckles, a non-humoristic chuckle that send a cold wave down my spine knowing she already lost her patience. Now it was option two for her, being a bitch.

"No huh? Oh alright, I see how it is." she continues, casually. Her voice taking on a different tone, almost mocking as she starts to walk around me like a vulture circling her prey as it's victim stays in one place. "So, all of a sudden Carter Summers knows best. He's suddenly mature now and can handle things so well like he did three years ago. The time he was fooled for the first time and ended up being a sad mess, because he didn't think of the consequences. Such a clever mister he is, well fine if your so mature now, go ahead and tell me this."