Chapter 7: What happened?

Chapter 7

What happened?

>>Carter

I laughed. I can't believe I just wrote that. The exact words someone told me a long time ago... Do I still believe that? I haven't really thought about it in ages. I glanced at my watch and noticed that I've been in here for about ten minutes since the bell rang for Lunch.

"Crap." I muttered. "Genevieve and Mrs. Jazz are probably waiting."

I got up from my seat, quickly hid the note in my pocket and grabbed my bag before rushing towards the door with my test paper in hand. I bumped face first into someone standing on the other side of door, and fell straight on my butt.

"Owie." I squealed, covering my mouth with my hand in a swift motion.

"You're kidding me right?" my eyes widened as I lift my head to meet Nolan's pale green orbs looking at me in annoyance. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Waiting for Prince Charming. Instead I got a frog." I replied picking my test paper up.

"Whatever. I'm not the one that squealed like a five year old." He says picking up a paper I assumed he dropped due to our collision. "This isn't mine." he scans the paper.

"Huh?" I looked at the paper I picked up and saw the big red 'F' just before Nolan grabbed it out of my hand. He placed my rightful paper in my hands before turning around. "What happened to you?" I asked without thinking.

He stopped in his tracks and turned to glare fiercely in my direction like i just offended him. "What did you say?"

"You used to be on top of everyone in our year." I stated. "Why are you doing this to yourself? You can't play sports if your grades slip up and if you can't play sports you can't get your scholar-"

"What the hell do you know!" he snapped as I kept a straight face.

"I know that you want to play sports outside of this town." I said as a matter of fact. "I know that you don't want to stay here. So why are you doing this to yourself?"

To be honest I was expecting a punch. I was expecting him to just curse me out, walk away and never look in my direction again.

Instead he laughed. He freaking laughed, and not even the 'that was funny haha' type of laugh. It was an empty laugh that held absolutely no humor in it.

"Why the hell are you laughing? I was being seri-"

"Oh I know you were being serious Summers." He says before stepping forward until he was right in front of me. I took a cautious step back but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me forward to meet him face to face... or more accurately face to chest since I was a midget compared to him.

"I'm so gonna call rape if you don't let me go right now." I said sternly, ignoring the fact that he was so close to me.

"Tsk." He smirked. "Try it."

'you asked for it.'

"HELP! THIS DIRTY BASTERD ImmHhhs-" I was cut off by his hand covering my mouth with an amused smile... but that smile didn't reach his eyes.

"You're something else all right." he says taking his hand off my mouth.

"So I've been told." I retorted trying to pull away from his grasp, which was incredibly futile, due to the reason he actually had muscles while I was as scrawny as a twig. He leaned forward so that our heights were equal.

"Mind your own business." He demanded before letting me go. I took that opportunity to step back before he touched me again.

"It's not like I care." I muttered. I flung my bag across my shoulders, and didn't bother to look back as I made my way towards Mrs. Jazz's classroom. I heard his footsteps fading behind me as quickly as I disappeared around the corner.