𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.

friday | december 17th, 2021 | 05:26pm

6 months later...

"bruh you sure you don't want me to just drop you off at your crib one time? its no biggie" i asked bashair as we neared my crib

"nah nigga, you just drove four and a half hours, it's cool. good looking though. that's my uber right there" he said pointing to the car parked right by my crib

"aight whatever you say bro" i said pulling in

i put my car on park then unlocked the trunk before hopping out.

"my dawg having a lil getty tonight, you should pop out"

"oh word? there gon' be females there?" i asked

"nigga what you think? you could swing by my crib 'round ten, cyph then we cut together" he suggested

"aight bet"

we both got our suitcases out of the trunk then dapped each other up before he left to go get in his uber.

i locked my car then began to walk up to my crib. it's been a long 4 months being away. i woulda came back for thanksgiving but it made no sense. only 4 days off—2 of which don't count 'cus it's the weekend. wasn't worth the drive here and back. but a nigga did miss home.

the crib was dead silent when i walked in. which made sense. my moms did say she started going into work later recently meaning she'd come back later.

shit, that means i ain't gon see her before i cut. can't do that though, she gon lose it if she know i'm back and went out before seeing her. looks like i'm just gon' have to pay her a visit before i leave. imma wait till later though, make sure i don't see certain people at her job.

i brought up my things to my room, which looked exactly how i left the shit. the one thing i definitely missed is my bed. lemme tell you, tryna do certain shit on a twin sized bed ain't easy. you limited to about 3 good positions, 4 if you're just that nigga.

i put my shit down then went to go wash my hands before heading down to the kitchen. see what my moms got going up in here. to my surprise though the shit was empty. besides some eggs, milk and a few loose vegetables.

did i just walk into the wrong crib? in all my 19 years of life our fridge never been empty. fuck going on?

now a nigga gon have to go out to get some food. and i wasn't tryna do all that. but don't look like i got any other options. fuck it, now i might as well pass by and see my moms. two birds one stone.

— • —

the building was pretty much the same, the lobby had some christmas decorations but nothing changed much. chance the security guard was psyched to see me, he wasn't expecting to see me again so nigga was surprised. he cool people i guess.