𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.

monday | december 20th, 2021 | 11:19pm

"you just never learn" sanai whispered while looking out the window

"his mother called crying that she needs my help. fuck all that other shit, clearly something's going on. and i prolly would've known about it earlier had i answered my phone. so just stop speaking...please"

i know she just being a good friend and looking out for me but it's genuinely getting me tight. i'm not a kid and yes i have learned from my past. but like i said this is not that same situation.

when we got to his block i spotted two cops cars in front of his crib as well as one unfamiliar car.

"i swear if something happened to him and i didn't know soon enough because you made me dub all his calls—"

i couldn't even finish my sentence. it's not really her fault.

i parked right behind the cop car and ran out of the car, not even bothering to wait for sanai.

the front door was wide open allowing me to walk right in. i went into the living room to see shannon talking to some officers, as well as a man who looked just like cato but in an older form. i'm guessing he's the sperm donor.

"asaad!" she jumped once she seen me and immediately came to hug me

"shannon what's going on?"

"they took him"

they what?!

"i'm sorry, come again. who did what?"

"they kidnapped my son. and now they're demanding half a million for his return"

everything after that was a blur. they kidnapped him? he called me nineteen times. nineteen times i did not answer the phone. nineteen times i could have helped him. i could've done something. nineteen times.

this gotta be targeted towards me. $500,000. no one would expect shannon to have that kind've money. nah. this gotta be related to the article that was published this morning. now people think we're together and someone is trying to use him to get to me.

"and you are?" one of the officers came over and asked

"the one who has the money. so who do i write a check to?" i said while pulling out my phone

of course i don't have that kinda money just sitting around but i can get it. might take a little bit but i can get it.

"you're not possibly thinking of paying these people off are you?"

"and why the fuck would i not be?"

"half a million? you think someone's going to request half a million, actually get it then return the hostage to you? if it were me i'd milk the hell out of him. even if they were to return him who's to say they won't kidnap him again and request more? there's a reason we don't pay ransom to criminals. just let us do our job" he said before walking away