𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

wednesday | december 22nd, 2021 | 06:51am

"so they just..let you go?" the detective asked once again "just like that"

"yeah" i nodded

"help me understand this. they kidnap. demand a ransom of half a million dollars. don't make any more threats or reach out again. then just return you to your front door safe and sound?"

"look it doesn't make much sense to me either but i'm not finna question it"

"a few more questions and then i'll be out of here. did you see any faces? tattoos? anything that can lead us to them"

yeah i saw faces. the faces of my bosses crazy best friend and ex-boyfriend.

"nah they were covered up for the most part. and i was blindfolded most of the time so"

"can you think of any reason they'd want to take you, was anything mentioned?"

the plan to get my boss the serious help he needs yeah.

"nah. they ain't say much to me"

"okay, can you say roughly how long the ride was. that'll give us an estimate on how far we should be looking"

that i actually don't know. i was knocked out the first ride and coming back my mind was on other shit.

"i'm sorry, what exactly is there to look for? i'm home now"

"these people still committed a criminal act and must be held accountable"

"okay but how will you do that without catching them in the act. you can't just go up to someone and arrest them because you think they kidnapped me. i wouldn't even be able to help 'cus i don't know what they look like"

"just leave that to us okay?" she said then stood up

my mom walked her over to the door and kept thanking her as if she did anything. i overheard the detective say she'd come by later for some more questions and that she hadn't ruled out that i may have been involved.

of course she assumes that. i mean shit i can't even blame her. who brings up a ransom then just let's the person go. i'd question that shit too.

i stood up from the couch about to go upstairs when my mom stopped me.

"i swear to God cato, if you know something and you're not saying it—"

"ma i don't. i'm being deadass. can i go to sleep now?"

she looked at me suspiciously. the first time i told her i didn't know i was being serious. that was when i got jumped and assumed it was either boogie or darrell. now i know it was neither. but i do know who. and i'm lying about it.

"go" she said shaking her head, tired of me

i would be to.