Chapter 7

We had one day left for the competition so it was the last day I would meet Darshan for the practice. As we continued our practice for days, our friendship started growing during it and now we shared an invincible bond, not just strangers anymore. Meeting him in the evening, talking to him, enjoying with him became a part of my daily life and I would miss them badly after the competition because I was a person who did not like 'change'. Change was a great deal to me, it almost felt like impossible when something eradicated from my normal life. I would cry whole day without letting anyone know, for sure and live hopelessly for more than a week.

"Hey Darshan, today the classes are suspended and everyone is coming to the auditorium for practice so will you show up at college by 11:00 am", I left him a message on What's app. "Yes, I will surely be there", he instantly replied. We didn't have to start our practice at 11:00 am, actually it had to be 12:00 pm but I informed him about an hour before because I legit knew that he would be late after all it was his irresistible habit. How could he ever be on time?

I got ready and reached college and my assumption about him was definitely right, he reached at 12 o'clock. "The most important thing we have to do while we perform is to look into each others' eyes; this is what my Dance Teacher had taught me", I ordered, he nodded and we began practicing in the auditorium for the last time. I never did a duet dance before, it was my first attempt. I just remembered these lines by heart but hardly knew its importance. While rehearsing, I looked into his brown-pair of eyes; they were deep, beautiful and captivating. As soon as I looked into them, I lost myself. I lost myself in his soul which was reflected by his eyes; it was so pure and sacred. There was something which did not let me take my eyes off from them. I felt as safe as the caterpillar in the cocoon. It was a bliss I witnessed ever in my life; my heart was fluttering, it raced against my chest fiercely. It was a piece of sheer beauty, I looked into for the first time.

"The song is over", said Darshan snapping his fingers in front of my eyes and I woke up from the day-dream. Someone's loud footsteps resonated in the noiseless auditorium and everyone turned to look who's coming. It was Vibhas Sir, "Students, please gather here". We all assembled in the centre. "Your costumes will be provided by the college. You guys don't need to worry about them so just give your measurements to the outfitter before you leave".

We all were thrilled. I suddenly looked at Darshan who had furrowed his eyebrows in suspicion. "What happened? Are you not happy?", I asked. He replied "Umm, nothing. Let's go" I nodded and walked with him to the tailor's room.

"It was so good practicing with you. Thanks for being such a great partner. Well, I'll leave first. Bye", I smiled waving my hand and walked to the parking area after giving my costumes' measurements. He just nodded, didn't even speak a word. It seemed strange because he never used to be quiet like that but what could have I done so I left for home.