#60 Property

Naruto POV

We reappeared on top of the fourth hokage's head, Temari still clinging onto me. "Don't worry, I got you.", I whispered, as we sat down. We stayed on the monument until the sun went down, hoping that we could get away from this city as fast as possible.

I woke up as the sun rose, with Temari in my arms in our hotel room. At first I was confused, until I remembered that we had returned to the bed after the sun had gone down. I smiled as Temari smiled in her sleep, slightly tightening her grip on me. Kissing the top of her head, I closed my eyes again and waited for her to wake up.

"Good morning, Temari.", I whispered as she opened her eyes and smiled at me. "Good morning.", she replied, pecking me on the lips. "What do you want to do today?", I asked, slowly getting out of bed. "I don't know, maybe we could go to your parent's estates and to the bank. That way we can go home, as soon as Rasa is finished with his meeting with the Hokage.", Temari suggested, while changing into her normal shinobi attire. "Yeah, sounds good.", I replied, nodding.

We stood outside of a bungalow, which stood where Tsunade's map had told us that my parent's home was located. The whole house was surrounded by a small line of trees, breaking the line of sight from the streets, so that, even though the house lays on one of the busiest streets in Konoha, right next to the Hyuuga compound and some high end shops, the commotion of the people going by was almost completely silent. The door had a large seal on it, which seemed to be connected to a seal that was prepared on the doorstep. The seal on the entrance was a simple restriction seal that locked the door to anyone whose chakra didn't match the detection seal on the doorstep. I pushed a bit of chakra into the seal and watched as the seals began to glow. I briefly wondered how the seal knew my chakra, but remembered that my chakra was basically just a mix of my parent's so the seal probably had recognized my parent's signature instead of mine.

The door swung open to reveal a large hallway. We entered slowly taking in every detail of the place, the white walls, the small drawers with small bowls on top of them, the red rug over the wooden floor and of course the seven different doors that lead away from the hallway. I took Temari's hand as we went into the first door to our right.

This lead us straight into a big bath with a bathtub in one corner and an extra shower in another. Of course everything was covered in a thick layer of dust, but one could still see that the furniture was of high quality and that the bathtub and the floor was made out of marble. We went out of the bath and turned our attention to the next room on the right side of the hallway.

This seemed to be the kitchen, judging by the stove and fridge that were standing on one side of the room and the table that took up the whole left side of the kitchen. I had a quick look into the fridge and saw that there was no food in it, which meant that someone had probably cleaned it out after my parents had died, most likely the third Hokage. We looked through the different cabinets that hung over the counters and found most of them full with all sorts of kitchen utensils.

The last door on the right side of the hallway lead towards a big bedroom. There were two big closets, a desk with a lot of paper and sealing ink and a king-sized bed with two nightstands next to it. I opened the closets and found a lot of clothes from my parents. I looked through the clothes, finding one of his famous haoris, which I took out of the closet. I gently placed it on the bed next to Temari who was sitting on the bed, watching me with a small smile on her lips. "What do you want to do with that?", she asked examining the coat, while I was going to the second closet, which belonged to my mother. "I will take it with me, that way I will always have something that reminds me of him.", I answered, looking through my mother's clothes. I found a long dark red coat, which had the kanji for 'Kushina' on the back, which similarly to my father's haori had black flames on the bottom. I was surprised that my mother had owned something like that, since in all of the photos that Hiruzen had shown me from my parents, I never had seen my mother wearing a coat. I felt something in one of the pockets and took out a small piece of paper. Apparently my mother had not yet taken it out. The paper said that it was a present from my father for their anniversary which had been a few weeks before the attack, but she apparently hadn't found an occasion to wear her new coat. I laid it next to my father's haori on the bed, before taking out a small storage scroll, sealing the two coats in it.

Temari smiled at me and gave me a peck on the lips as we went on to the next room. The door to this room was on the far side of the hallway. As we entered we were surprised to see a large living room there. We had expected it to be a rather small storage room, since the bedroom went on next to it and we had concluded that the rooms on the other side would have the same layout to make the house symmetrical, but instead we found a big room with a giant table in its middle, large shelfs on the sides and a beautiful chandelier on the ceiling. After we got over our surprise we went ahead to the next room, since this room didn't hold anything of value for me.

The first door on the left side of the corridor lead us into a small room, which contained almost nothing, except for a small rack and a trapdoor, which lead down into the ground. Temari and I were curious but decided to first look through the other two rooms, before going down under.

The next room was another bedroom, although not as large as the first one. It had a small crib and a lot of kids toys, which lead to the obvious conclusion, that it must have been the room my parents had prepared for me. There was even a small picture of Minato and Kushina, on one of the drawers. I took the picture and looked at it for a second, feeling Temari hugging me. I smiled at my girlfriend comforting me and sealed the picture into the small storage scroll, before we moved on to the last room.

As we entered this room we saw another bath, but this one didn't have a bathtub, but only a shower. Finding nothing of interest in this room, we went back into the small room with the trapdoor.

Opening the trapdoor, revealed only a small hole in the ground. We wanted to check it out, so I jumped down and signaled to Temari that it was safe, once I had landed approximately 10 feet below ground. Temari joined me and we walked through the small corridor. As soon as we stepped forward, the corridor lit up with torches on the walls. The sudden ignition of the torches startled us and we watched closely before noticing the seal on the ground, that connected to the torches. Apparently it would light the torches as soon as someone would step onto the seal. Going forward through the tunnel, we reached a giant underground room.

The entire room was full of shelves, which in turn were full of all sorts of shinobi equipment. Only on corner was not occupied by the different items, there stood a big empty desk. I went through the different rows of equipment, looking for anything useful. There were kunai, explosive tags, I even found some food pills, but the real surprise came when I found a stack of hiraishin kunai. I was surprised that my father would let them sit out in the open like that, seeing that they posed an incredible threat if they were ever to fall into the wrong hands. I took out another storage scroll, where I stored my spare equipment and sealed the kunai into it. The next shelf was even more interesting to me, because it held nothing but a few scrolls. Temari took one of the scrolls and opened it, before looking at me with wide eyes. "That is incredible.", she whispered, handing me the scroll. The scroll contained instructions to a giant sealing construction that would form a defensive dome around a specified area. Obviously it wasn't finished yet, since there were notes on the rim, that said something like 'seal explodes before finished' and other short phrases, which showed that Minato and Kushina had not yet fully developed the seal. Most of the other scrolls contained other seals, which apparently were finished, since there were no notes in them. One of the seals was the eight trigrams seal, which my father had put on me, another one was an enhanced version of the explosive tag. There was one scroll that didn't hold instructions for a seal, it held the description to a jutsu that seemed awfully familiar. I smiled as I recognized the hand signs that would form the shadow clone jutsu. Sealing the scroll into the storage scroll with my parent's coats and the photo of them I smiled at Temari.

After we went out of the bungalow Temari and I found ourselves again on top of the Hokage monument. "What are you going to do with your parent's house?", Temari asked. "I don't really know, I mean, we don't really need it. I was thinking maybe we could sell the house to Konoha and then we can just take the money.", I said, looking over Konoha.