#17 Heritage

Naruto POV

I laid in my bed trying to get some sleep before I had to go to the academy again, but I couldn't help but think that I had forgotten something. My mind wouldn't come to rest until I figured out what I had forgotten so I turned on my table lamp and set on my table. Then I saw the scroll the Kazekage had given me and realized that I had yet to even open it.

I chuckled slightly at my own forgetfulness before slowly opening the scroll. When I had it fully opened it revealed a large storage seal and under it a few words from the third Hokage himself:

Dear Naruto,

I hope you are doing well. If you read this that means that you have probably found out who your parents were or that you have turned eighteen and are about to find out. Anyway this storage seal contains everything that your parents have left you, including a copy of their last will. I expect you to make good use of this and that I will see you in a few years for the chunin-exams.

I'm sorry for having to banish you.

Hiruzen Sarutobi

I smiled at these words knowing that the third Hokage never wanted to banish me. Then I turned to the storage seal. Applying a bit of chakra to it I got it to reveal its contents.

What first caught my eye was a long black box that appeared on the table, then I saw two letters, one with a yellow seal and the other with a red seal, both unbroken. After that my eyes fell onto a large scroll that had a blood seal on it, it was slightly yellow with a red frame. At last I noticed another storage scroll which lay next to the black box making me wonder what it contained. However I kept my curiosity under control and decided to first read the two letters. I grabbed the one with the red seal thinking that it would have been from Kushina since her nickname was 'The Red Hot-Blooded Habanero'. I carefully broke the seal and opened it.

Hello Naruto,

this is Kushina Uzumaki Namikaze, your mother. I am sorry for the fact that, if you are reading this then that means that I have died. This is my last will and I hope that whatever time we will have had together that this will somehow make you feel happy in times of sorrow. I am currently writing this while sitting in the maternity bed waiting for the contractions to begin, although I hope to get to rewrite this part.

I hereby make Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze my sole heir, entitling him to the following; my title as heir of the Uzukage title, my part of the ownership over the Uzumaki-Namikaze-Spa, the precious Predator blade, passed down the lines of the Uzukage since the founding of Uzushiogakure and the Tiger summoning contract which has also been passed down the lines of the Uzumaki.

Now for the personal business. Naruto, in the second storage scroll are many scrolls on seals for you to learn what made the Uzumakis once famous. I hope that you will cherish this and help to make the art of sealing great again.

Anyways, know that I love you,

Kushina Uzumaki Namikaze

I had to suppress a tear as I read the last words of my mother. I looked at the black box which I presumed to be the sword my mother wrote about. I carefully lifted the top of the box revealing the inside to the world. There sat, imbedded in black silk, a sheathed katana. Its hilt was also black with the head of a Tiger engraved into it as it's eyes it had blue sapphires. The sheath was as black as the hilt and had the Kanji for Predator written on it in white. I slowly lifted the sword out of the box and unsheathed it. I was amazed by how sharp the blade was as I tested it and slightly pressed it against my own skin making me bleed immediately. After letting my wound heal I discovered that I could also channel chakra into the blade to make it even sharper. I smiled while sheathing the blade again and carefully sat it back into the box, closing it before moving on to the next piece that my mother had left me; the summoning scroll. I took it into my hands and opened it revealing a large list including all the previous summoners of the Tigers. Over it sat a big Tiger-head with red eyes and an Uzumaki swirl next to it. I smiled as I read the names of the previous people to sign the contract. All the way on the bottom stood my mother, Kushina Uzumaki, one over her was Mito Uzumaki, the first Hokage's Wife. Then there were some names which I didn't recognize but all the way on top I saw two names that sparked my interest; Uzumaki Namikaze Raito and Uzumaki Namikaze Mina. Apparently there was a marriage between the Namikaze and Uzumaki before my father had married my mother. I grinned, that was a small piece of the puzzle that was my father's heritage but it was a start. Thinking about my father made me put away the summoning contract for now, promising myself to test it out tomorrow, turning to the second letter with the yellow seal on it I slowly reached for it.

Dear Naruto,

this is Minato Namikaze Uzumaki, your father. If you are reading this that means that I have perished, probably while defending the village. I'm currently sitting next to your mother's bed watching over her while she sleeps. You have become really big inside your mommy's belly. I really hope that you and I will get along well.

Now for the not so fun part; I hereby declare Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze as my sole heir, entitling him to the my following possessions; my part of the Uzumaki-Namikaze-Spa ownership, the Namikaze compound on the outskirts of Konohagakure and my bank accounts.

I also leave you my scrolls for the Rasengan and the Hiraishin which are in the storage scroll alongside your mother's scrolls. In there are also my research on seals and a few of my specially designed three pronged Kunai. I hope you will surpass me early on in your life and that you can build a legacy of your own, not in the shadows of the yellow flash. Just know that I love you and I always will.

Minato Namikaze Uzumaki

I was smiling at the words of my father while a single tear rolled down my cheeks. I slowly reached for the second storage scroll, knowing that it's contents would probably change my life. I opened it and channeled chakra into the seal inside. A large cloud of smoke appeared hiding what had been inside the storage seal. After it had cleared my eyes widened. There were approximately a hundred scrolls on my table, burying everything else under them. Not wanting to lose the overview over this mess I summoned two clones and we got to sorting everything. One clone took all the scrolls that were from my father, the other got the scrolls belonging to my mother and I took everything that was neither namely the three pronged kunai, the summoning scroll, the Predator blade, the two letters, the papers verifying my claim to the bank accounts of my father and the two storage scrolls. I smiled after I sides the two clones and looked at my clock. I gasped slightly, seeing that it was already one in the morning. I decided not to go through the scrolls but to have a few clones instead go through them while I was at the academy the next day.