#57 Ace In The Hole

Naruto POV

Sasuke had went down the staircase and apparently took his time, since he had yet to enter the arena, Temari was growing impatient. I smiled at her as she looked up at me. She smiled back, before Sasuke finally entered the arena.

Shizune looked at Temari and Sasuke and, seeing their focused eyes, started the match.

Temari got into her defensive stance with her fan watching Sasuke with cold eyes. Sasuke got into his predator stance, grinning at my girlfriend before he shot at her. Temari immediately closed her fan and spun around, using her fan to swat Sasuke away as if he was a fly. Sasuke flew across the arena and came to a halt just before he hit the wall. He had a large gash on his left temple and glared at his blonde opponent with open hatred in his eyes. Then his eyes changed. Temari quickly looked away from then and focused her gaze at his body. He again came at her, with more speed than before. The kunoichi jumped to the side, evading the attack. While Sasuke recovered, she opened her fan, swinging it around, unleashing a wave of wind directed at her opponent, causing Sasuke to dive out of the way, narrowly avoiding the attack. Temari channeled more chakra into her fan and swung it again, creating a wide blade of air which raced towards Sasuke. The sharingan user jumped over the jutsu, when he landed he went through a series of hand signs shooting fireballs at the blonde girl. Temari made one big swing, creating a giant gust of wind, dispersing the fireballs. I saw a few of the shinobi, that were watching, gasp. Usually a fire jutsu would just go through a wind jutsu, since fire chakra has an advantage against wind chakra, for a wind jutsu to overpower a fire jutsu it had to be cast with a lot more chakra than usual. Sasuke's eyes went wide for a second before he dodged another windblade that Temari had sent at him. Temari again readied her fan and after multiple swings a giant wall of wind blades was sent towards Sasuke. I could see the Uchiha's sharingan spin as he tried to find a way to evade the incoming attack. I watched as his gaze went up to the stands and then suddenly all the panic left his face. He smiled a calm smile before Temari's jutsu collided with his body. I saw him getting launched into the wall, forming cracks. A giant cloud of smoke formed and blocked the view on Sasuke's position.

Hey Kura, I think that I need your help shortly.

Yeah I know, I saw Sasuke's look... Do you think that they start the attack now?

Most likely and I think that Sasuke has some sort of Ace in the hole, judging from the look on his face when he got hit.

I am ready, just take the chakra.

Thank you.

I readied myself, taking out my hiraishin kunai and watched closely as the dust settled in the arena and the crater in the wall came into view. There were a few outcries seeing all the blood that had been splattered on the wall. Then a genjutsu was cast. I broke out of it easily, since it was a bit underpowered because it had to be cast over such a big range. I saw Temari and Gaara break out of it as well and immediately threw my hiraishin kunai towards Temari, taking Gaara by his shoulder a yellow flashed engulfed us and moments later we stood next to Temari ready to fight. I looked around and saw a lot of the villagers still not moving while most of the shinobi had broken out of the genjutsu and we're fighting inside the stands, which suddenly were filled with a lot of sound shinobi. Then I saw Hiruzen, Tsunade, Shizune and Jiraiya get attacked by Orochimaru and four other people. I saw the genin from Konoha have trouble with team of sound shinobi. "Temari, Gaara go and help them, I got Sasuke.", I ordered, pointing at the balcony where the genin were trying to defend against the attackers. My two teammates jumped up and fought against the sound shinobi. The genin from Konoha were suspicious at first, after all, we were from another village, but soon accepted that we were on their side. Then Sasuke crawled out of the wall. At first I didn't recognize him, because his skin turned grey and he had black marks over his face, but the biggest change was the pair of wings. I was shocked, knowing that this was the cursed mark, I was wondering how Sasuke had gotten it. After all, in the old timeline Sasuke had at least waited until a while after the exams to go to Orochimaru. I was also curious about how Orochimaru had even gotten to him, since Sasuke had stayed in Konoha as far as I know and Orochimaru was a wanted criminal inside of the Land of Fire. I put these thoughts aside however and focused on the task at hand. Sasuke had stood up and was looking around, smiling at the carnage around him. Then he saw me and his smiled froze. "Now, you will pay for everything.", he shouted, with a wide grin on his face. I put my hiraishin kunai back into my pouch and unsealed my sword, as Sasuke's sharingan began to spin as he tried to capture me in a genjutsu. I laughed, pushed out a bit of Kurama's chakra, dispelling the illusion. I smiled as Sasuke's eyes went wide. He went through a series of hand seals and charged, what I could identify as chidori and came running at me. I jumped away from his attack and let my sword drag over his arm, slicing into his skin, drawing blood. As my opponents attention was drawn away from the jutsu he lost control of it and overcharged it, causing it to explode, launching him into the wall again. Then I saw a giant explosion coming from some place behind the arena. I didn't think too much about it, focusing on Sasuke who came crawling out of the hole again. I readied myself for another round with the genin before suddenly Orochimaru appeared out of nowhere. He looked at me and then at Sasuke, who was bleeding heavily. "We will see you again.", he hissed, grabbing Sasuke and disappearing into the ground.