|Life imitates words|

|Lotus Cortez|
|A week later|

Today is the registration date for the next SAT and I was awake all night long because even though I know the process a little too well it always gets to me. My hands are shaking like crazy and I can't stop thinking about how I could fail once again because it's happened one too many times and it seems like failure is the only outcome I can obtain...

After going through all the registration process at 5:55 am, I went downstairs playing with the rings of my necklace "Morning, Emerson."

"Good morning, Lotus," he smiled. Emerson has been helping a lot with my late night visits to Ace but last night I just didn't feel like being with anyone and he had to stay up working so I don't think he noticed my absence. Well, he did text me asking for a boob pic so I sent him a picture of some random boobs I found online.

When the Chef put the food in front of me I instantly felt sick at the smell of food but this is something that happens to me when I'm anxious and nervous so I ignored it. Once Ace's breakfast was complete, I organized it on the tray and took it upstairs trying to keep the bile where it belongs.

"Hi, princess," Ace pecked my lips before sitting down at the breakfast table in his living area "did you re–" I rushed away to the bathroom and made it just in time to empty my stomach contents in the toilet "Lotus!" he exclaimed as he approached the bathroom but my head was in the toilet still "it's okay, baby," he rubbed my back gently.

I sat down trying to recover my breath "I'm sorry," I breathed out "I get so nervous this happens."

"Let me get you a glass of water," he stood up and before leaving the bathroom he flushed the toilet then 15 seconds later he came back with the glass of water that was on his tray "drink," Ace squatted down in front of me "I don't want you to be nervous. I made an appointment with a friend who is helping us find out if you have ADD or ADHD, once he tells us we can proceed to find someone to help you with your studying," he explained as I took small sips of my water "let's take you back to your room and I'll send Dan to get you at around 12:30 pm so we can get to your appointment, alright baby girl?" he wrapped his right arm around my waist and pulled me up softly "you look beautiful by the way," this man always knows what to say and when to say it.

My boyfriend took me back to my room and nobody asked questions because Ace is really dedicated to making everyone in this house feel like they're family to him, therefore him carrying a sick me back to my bedroom wasn't weird.

Emerson trailed us and helped me get my shoes off before I lay down under the blankets "You are burning, child," he said as he touched my forehead with the back of his hand.

"It's normal," I said "I just need to take—"

"Shut up," Emerson said "you're staying in bed unless it's utterly necessary for you to get up. I'll take care of taking breakfast to everyone and the girls can split your chores."

I looked at Ace "What about the appointment?"

"Don't worry, we can postpone it until you—"

"No," I shook my head frantically "I need to start studying right away."

"Okay, princess," he cupped my face gently "but take stay in bed until it's time for Dan to pick you up, are we clear?"

I nodded looking into his eyes "Understood."

"Good girl," he pecked my lips and then looked up at Emerson who was on my left side "quit judging."

"I'm not judging," Emerson chuckled softly "you need to get back to getting ready for work, Lotus needs to rest and I'll go make her a cup of tea."