|Concrete jungle|

|Lotus Cortez|
|Three weeks later|

"This is the last one, right?" Clara asked putting the last box in the moving truck.

I nodded "Yes, that's the last one."

"You don't have to leave, we can find another job for you here," she said with tears in her eyes.

I shook my head "Everyone here knows me, I will always be Trixie to them..."

Clara wrapped her arms tightly around me "You have to call me every time you can and those exams are stupid, they don't define you."

I squeezed my eyes shut preventing the tears from leaving my eyes "I'll just find a job that doesn't require intelligence."

"You're intelligent, in so many ways," she pulled away with tears running down her cheeks "you'll find something."

I nodded with a weak smile on my face "I'll visit whenever I can."

"Good, Vanya needs his aunt."

I squatted down to hug Vanya "Be good to mommy and say hi to daddy for me when you see him."

"Don't go, auntie Lotus, who will play dress up with me?" the sweet boy asked.

I sniffled pulling away "Uncle Nathan, I gave him specific instructions."

"He's not good," Vanya said cupping my cheeks "stay."

My heart broke "I can't baby, but if you need me you know my number," I pecked the back of his hands "I have to go now, goodbye," I waved as I hopped into my Uber. My car is staying in Las Vegas because it won't be useful in New York, there's too much traffic.

Nathan and I said goodbye to each other last night, we spent the whole day together and the whole night in bed talking and having passionate sex since it's over.

Once I was at the airport I checked in and bought a sandwich and juice before running into my flight since it's very very late "Sorry," I took a deep breath looking at the flight attendant who was about to close the door "there was so much traffic."

She shook her head with a smile "Don't worry, sweetie, what's your seat?"

"17D," I replied glancing at my ticket.

She nodded "I'll bring a hot towel," a kind smile played on her lips.

"Thank you," I said before rushing down the aisle to my seat.

I had a whole row for myself, pretty sweet so I started reading a new book. I've given up getting into college after 26 attempts because my score never gets better, it's always the same or lower so I think I'm going to take a job as a maid or maybe I can work at the box office of some museum; somewhere I can work at without having a college degree but I don't want to be whatever I was back in Vegas...I hate that Lotus.

As soon as I land I have to go get an air mattress so I have something to sleep on since my mattress won't be there until Friday and today is Monday so we still have four more days to go.

When I landed in New York I was done reading my book, that's one of my few talents, reading fast but I don't think that's worth something. As I got into the Uber I read all the texts from Clara and Vanya but nothing from Nathan which is okay he must be busy with the club since he has to find a girl to replace me but I wanted to hear his voice so I called him.

"Hello?" he said on the other side of the line.

"Hi, Nathan, I just landed in New York—"

"I'm busy, Lotus, what do you want?" He said insanely rude.