|Christmas notes|

|Lotus Cortez|

Ace has a dinner party in the city tonight so I'll be staying alone at the estate. He said I'm welcome to grab anything from the pantry and fridge and go into the home theater to watch a movie if I want to which is really nice of him...he is really nice in every sense.

"How's Russia?" I asked Clara as we were on the phone.

"Cold but Vannya is the happiest I've ever seen him so Vladimir and I have been talking about us finally living together, for good."

A big smile played on my lips "Those are great news, I'm so happy for you guys!"

"Thank you!" I heard Vlad's thick accent in the background "you're on speaker by the way!"

I giggled "Hi, Vlad, how's Vannya behaving?"

"Oh you know little man, he wants to eat eat eat and dance dance dance," he said chuckling.

"That sounds like my nephew," I was looking at the bracelet around my right wrist that Vannya made for me before I left Vegas "can I speak to him?"

"He's playing with his dedushka," Clara said.

(Grandpa)

I only know what that means because Vannya talks about Vlad's father a lot "But we will call you tomorrow New York morning so he can show you his presents," he said and I just love how he pronounces every word with an 'r' in it, it's so funny.

"Okay, Dracula, you guys go enjoy your family, I hope everything goes as planned and don't let Vannya forget his aunt Lotus," from my jewelry box I pulled out a silver necklace with a lotus flower pendant made out of glass.

"He would never," Clara giggled "love you Lotus and say hi to Nathan for me."

"Love you all, bye," I hung up and sighed; she doesn't know I'm not on speaking terms with Nathan, I mean he basically blocked me out of his life and I've been thinking about calling him using the house's landline but I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

Anyway, I need to forget about him so I can move on completely from my past life "Lotus," Ace knocked on my door "can I come in?"

"Yes," I hid the necklace under my pillow "what do you need?" I stood up as he walked in.

"Help, I forgot how to tie my tie," he sighed standing in front of me.

I giggled "Did you eat your lunch?"

"Yes, mom," he joked as I did his tie "what are you having for dinner?" He asked.

I shrugged "Noodle soup, I think but I'm not sure yet," I also had to fix the lapels of his jacket "what are you having for dinner?"

"Chicken, I think, that's what they always serve at big dinners but it's always dry and bitter so please save some noodle soup for me," he chuckled.

"With pleasure Mr. Car—Ace, sorry, it's hard getting used to calling my boss by his name," I said as I finished "done."

"Thank you," he turned around and looked at himself on my full-length mirror "you sure know how to tie a tie."

A smile played on my lips as I tapped off the shoulders of his jacket "Thank you, I used to do them for Nathan," he knows about him and how he just ended things out of nowhere but it's also my fault for letting him toy with my emotions for so long.

"We don't talk about that thing," he said turning around "mwah," he pecked my right cheek "don't wait up," he said as he exited my room.

"Be safe!" I shouted.