Chapter One

Loki sat at the foot of his bed, a book in hand as he carelessly spoke the words mentally in his distant mind. He was having trouble concentrating on account of some other thoughts he had. As if to make things worse, a knock came upon his chamber doors. "Whom?" Loki asked with a cold tone. There was  a silence. "Whom?" Loki asked louder, his brows heavy over his eyes with annoyance. "The king wishes to speak to you immediately." 

     Loki let out a heavy sigh, setting his book aside as he stood, straightening out his clothing before slowly making his way to his chamber door, heaving it open with a careless advance. His footsteps echoed as he advanced towards the grand hall, giving little to no attention of the guards that stared at him skeptically. Loki kept his right hand in his pocket, keeping hold of the amulet he held firmly in his grasp.

     He entered the large hall, Odin in his rightful place as king, on his throne. Loki's eyes darted to the blond prince standing beside the throne. Thor. Loki scowled under his breath, rolling his eyes as he approached the two royal fools. "What?" He asked coldly, standing his distance from the two as he stepped upon the platform. "You shall not talk to me in such disrespect." Odin said sternly. Loki grimaced before placing a sarcastic smile on his lips. "I'm so dearly sorry, Odin." 

      "You will address me as your father, Loki." He boomed, grabbing a tighter hold of his staff. Loki said nothing, staring at Thor with disgust. After a moment of silence, Odin continued. "You are both to be sent to Midgard." He said in his stern tone. I choked on the air I took in though my nose, baffled at the very thought of returning. Thor looked as shocked as I, "What?" He asked with complete and utter shock, his mouth hung open in astonishment. 

     "The both of you need to be taught that you should be thankful for what you are given. I will place you both on Midgard for two seasons, stripped of your powers." Thor let out a disgusted noise, "That's five months!" He spat, his voice rising with rage. "I am completely aware of that, now silence!" He said, his voice rising above Thor's. How stupid do you have to be to raise your voice at the king. I thought, keeping my anger in my thoughts. 

     We were soon sent to our chambers to take whatever belongings we need and to change into a more..Midgardian trait. I scowled, looking at my reflection, a green under shirt and black pants hanging loose on my small frame. We will be given Midgardian money to last us for we were going to a realm called London. We were to be living in a rented, what was it called? Condominium? I'm sure that was the name of which it is called. 

     Thor and I were to live together. It was bad enough our chambers were next door, now we had to share a shelter together?! I felt rage rising inside of me, my cold blood coming hot to a boil. As the king said, Thor and I were to settle our differences aside and "be brothers once more." What in the name of Laufey makes him think Thor is my brother?! Why am I to be kept in Asgard rather than a world free of these foolish wits? I didn't understand. I finished up packing away my belongings, stuffing a few books in before closing the case holding my possessions. 

Goodbye, sweet chambers.