Chapter Thirty eight

He should have pondered a bit on the unusual feeling he's been having that day. The prickling feel of someone's eyes on his back.. The unusual way that black Camaro had been following his car the moment his driver drove him to his office... He should have taken those feelings into consideration. Maybe then, he wouldn't be in this predicament. Maybe then... he wouldn't be here, blindfolded while seated and tied in a goddamned chair.

He felt a hand on the blindfold. It was removed with a force that jagged his head to the side. His neck taking the brunt of the force. He clenched his fists. He swear to god, whoever these people are will pay the price dearly.

He looked around him. The place he's in was quite dark. He blinked a few times just to adjust his eyesight to the darkness. Inilibot niya ang paningin sa paligid. Judging by the look of the place and the rusty nonfunctional machineries scaterred around, he's guessing he's in an abandoned factory.

"I see you're finally awake."

He looked up and frowned when a man who looked very familiar stood in front of him. He remembers him well. A few weeks ago, this man had his bloody hands on her while wearing that lustful gaze as he looked up at her. It was obvious what dirty things he wanted to do to her that night and just thinking about it angers him to no end!

"What do you want?"

The man chuckled. "Oh Just a simple one." He started, his russian accent dripping in every word. "I want the girl."

The muscles on his jaw ticked when he heard that. He didn't know where it came from but he suddenly had this overwhelming urge to pummel his face to the ground until he break every bones in there!

"I do not know who you are talking about." He said in a gritted teeth.

"Oh but I think you do know. You might not understand but you see, that girl is different. When I laid eyes on her... it wasn't just lust I felt but also... love."

He wanted to bloody scoff at his delusional remark. What the bloody hell did Miss Klein do to this man anyway? He sounds nothing but a delusionally  obsessed man! What kind of a bloody spell did she cast on this lunatic?

"What she did made me believe in love. A woman had never affected me like that before. You might not know what I mean—"

He almost rolled his eyes. Of course I do know. That woman had a knack of making men lose their damned head!

"—but she's the one."

The one my arse!

"So please..." The man looked at him with a crazy twinkle in his eyes. "Tell me where she is and I promise I won't hurt you."

He pursed his lips in annoyance. "What made you even think I know where she is?"

His smile faded. "Someone saw you talk to her that night. You two went into a room. Did you touch her— No forget it, I don't want to know. Just tell me where she is."

"I do not kno—" A punch was what stopped him.

"Care to repeat that again?" The man seethed.

He had been into quite a few brawls in his younger days but never in his life had he been struck while his hands are tied. The nerve of this man!

He looked at him with fury. "Why don't you release me in this rope and fight me?" He challenged which made the man laugh.

"Who says I fight fair and square? Oh I know.. No one did." He said chuckling. "And you know what other things they did not tell you..?" He smirked. "It's the fact that after tonight, you won't be able to be Mr. Proud and Mighty anymore." He started walking towards him while flexing his knuckles. "Oh I would love to break you into tiny pieces.."