Chapter 10

I slowly walked back up to my room. I just back from band practice. I haven't told Ross about boot camp or band practice. He doesn't even know I'm in volleyball. I crawled to my bed hoping to get some peace and quiet, but my dad came crashing through the door. Usually my dad's really good at leaving me alone during this time, but I guess he's not anymore.

"Hey Carly, I haven't see you all day. How was band?", he asked standing by the door. "Torture", I simply answered. I was just saying the first word that came into my mind. "How was boot camp?", he asked. "Painful", I answered just wanting him to leave. He nodded and told me he was leaving to go back to work. I just told him okay trying to rush him out. I heard the front door close and my dad's car leave. Finally, peace and quiet.

"Carly!", I heard Ross yell. Damn it, my dad forgot to lock the door. I just groaned loudly hoping he would hear me. I'm not moving from my comfy bed. I heard foot steps run up the stairs. Ross appeared in the doorway seconds later. "Where did you run off to?", he asked out of breath. "I had band practice that I was almost late for", I answered looking at him.

"No offense but you look like death", he said. "Thank you captain obvious", I said pulling the covers up to my neck. Ross sat next to my sore body on the bed. "Why does it look like you haven't slept?", he asked. I tried sitting up, but it hurt so bad. I laid back down and groaned in pain. Ross looked at me with confused and worried eyes.

"I had boot camp this morning at freaking 6:00 A.M. so it's a little hard to move", I said trying to sit up again with the help of Ross. "Aww, my poor baby", Ross said hugging me. It hurt a little, but Ross' hugs made me forget about the pain. He kissed my forehead and ran his fingers lightly through my hair.

"Have you had anything to eat?", he asked. I actually haven't had anything to eat today. I didn't want anything to eat, but if I told Ross I haven't then he'd make me eat something. "Yes", I lied. I hate having to lie, but I didn't feel like eating.

"Okay, well, I'll leave you here alone to rest. I'll see you later babe", he gave me a soft kiss and walked towards my bedroom door. "Wait", I yelled. Ross quickly turned around to face me. "Can you stay here with me?", I asked shyly. Ross closed the door and laid down beside me. I cuddled into his chest. He was playing with my hair while he sang If I Can't be With You. I started to feel my eyes getting heavy, and I fell into a deep sleep.

++++++++++

My eyes fluttered open. I looked up and Ross was still laying there. He was looking at me while rubbing light circles on my back. "It's about time you woke up", he said softly giving me kiss on the top of my head. I got up still feeling really sore. "You still really sore?". he asked looking me up and down. I nodded, "You know what would make me feel better?", I asked looking down at my hands. "No, what?", he asked sitting up next to me.

"You giving me a kiss", I said looking at Ross and giving him puppy dog eyes. He laughed and gave me a passionate kiss. "You don't have to ask me twice", he whispered pulling away. He gave me a couple more soft kisses until I heard a knock on the front door. I slowly got up and walked down stairs to see who was there. I opened the door. Riker, Rocky, Ryland, and Rydel were standing there. Rocky and Ryland plowed me down running into my living room. I was laying on the floor in pain, and Ross helped me up.

"What happened to you?", Rydel and Riker asked. "Boot camp is what happened, and it doesn't help when your brothers push me to the ground", I yelled making sure they could hear me. They yelled sorry from the living room, but sorry didn't heal the pain I was feeling. Riker, Rydel, Ross and I went to the living room to see what Rocky and Ryland were doing. They were trying to set up Just Dance on the Wii.

“We can’t play that. Carly is way too sore. She needs to rest”, Ross said taking the controllers away from Rocky and Ryland. “Fine”, they both said in defeat. “Well what do we do then?”, Riker asked. “We could just watch a movie”, Rydel suggested. We all nodded in agreement.

Rocky chose The Shining. I don't know why he did, but he did. Riker, Rydel, and Rocky were on the couch. Ryland was on the love seat couch. Ross and I were in the big leather chair closest to the kitchen. I was sitting on his lap. It was in the middle of the movie when I had to go to the bathroom. I tried to get up, but Ross gabbed my arm. I leaned down next to his face.

"Where are you going?", he whispered. "Bathroom", I whispered back. He nodded and let go of my arm. I walked to the bathroom and felt like I was going to throw up. I was in the bathroom throwing up for a good 5 minutes. I felt super dizzy. The last thing I heard was a knock on the door then everything went black.