Breath

Alice's POV

"Oh come on Alice, don't tell me hunting by yourself the last couple of weeks slowed you down." Edward was yelling back at me as we run through the forest. Though we all went hunting together, we sometimes broke off into our own little groups.

This time it was just me and Edward. We had already tagged a mountain lion and to my surprise a bear. We were just finishing up trying to catch the scent of the others.

A vision of Bella covered in blood with flashes in the back obscures my sight. I stop instantly trying to focus but all I could see was red.

"Alice?" Edwards by my side by the time the vision passes. I look at him with a panicked looked pulling my phone out of my pocket to call Bella.

It rings five times then goes straight to voicemail.

"Edward!" I say in a panicked voice as I try again. Still no luck.

"Go, you'll get to her faster if you go now. We'll meet you back at the house." He gives me a look of reassurance as I take off into the distance.

Bella covered in blood normally only means one thing. I make it to Bella's house after 10 minutes of running. I stop at the line across the street from Bella's house noticing her yard was packed with police cruisers and all kind of first responders.

"What the hell?" I sniff the air noticing I don't smell Bella's blood. Although it was a very familiar scent.

I take another sniff leaning forward a little bit catching the smell better.

"Oh my god." I fall back a little bit grabbing a hold to a tree to steady myself.

"Charlie...." a tear rolls down my cheek knowing that smelling this much blood from this far away only meant one thing.

I focus on the lips of one the officers closest to the front door talking to a man in a suit. He looked a bit too young to be someone of authority, but it seemed like most of everyone was reporting to him.

"Yeah I don't know what did that to him. It looked like an animal attack. Which is impossible obviously." An animal attack? Knowing that there have been some disappearing people up in Seattle, maybe it was they guy Charlie was trying to find.

I shake off the thought as I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. Hopping it was Bella I notice it's a random number. I answer anyway hopping it could possibly be her.

"Bella! Please tell this is you?" No one answered but all I heard was a long sigh.

"Hello?" I hear my voice crack praying to god it's not anyone telling me Bella was also gone.

"Hey babe, yeah it's me." Her voice sounds broken.

"Where are you? I'm coming to get you." I say before she can get anything more out.

"At the police station."

"Are you okay?" I ask timidly, scared that she would tell me no.

"Yeah I'm fine. They just had to bring me down for questioning." I take off towards my house to get my car and I'm there by the time I get off the phone with Bella.

Without thinking twice I hop into my car racing over to the police station. I pull up to find an abnormal amount of cruisers in the parking lot. More than likely because of Charlie. I get a twisted feeling in my gut, realizing what's actually happened. I shake away the thought for now focusing on making it to Bella first.

I run up the steps and into the station trying to go as humanly slow as I can.

"Hi, I'm here for Isabella Swan." The receptionist gives me a saddened look before pointing down the hall.