Seriously?!

Me and my dad were eating breakfast before he left for work and I went to Alice's apartment. It was a quiet morning, not really different from any other morning. But today was different, I couldn't get my mind off the fact that I thought about being married to Alice. Given my dads past with my mom, I guess he would have an expert opinion. I would've asked my mom, but I haven't even told her about Alice yet. Which my dad has been telling me I need to do sooner or later. The last e-mail she sent me, she was telling me how she couldn't wait to see me. She was coming here for Christmas since her and Phil were spending Thanks Giving with his family.

It didn't bother me all that much, I liked it just being me and my dad. Although we never really had that much to talk about other than school and work.

"Dad, why did you marry mom?" He was eating eggs and reading the newspaper as I asked him. And he seemed a little taken back by my question.

"Well, because I loved her." He continued eating his eggs and took a sip of his coffe. I got up to clean off my plate in the sink.

"If you loved her, then why did you guys get divorced?" I turned around and leaning against the counter to see his reaction to my question.

"Well bells, people fall out of love. Sometimes they just grow apart. But marriage doesn't always end in divorce. Marriage could be the best thing to happen to some people. I just wasn't one of those people. But I'm glad I got you out of all of it." He gave me a small smile going back to reading his paper.

"Do you think I'm one of those people?" He tensed up for a minute and then set his paper down giving me all his attention.

"It depends. Why are you asking me all this bells? Are you thinking about marriage with... With Alice?" He seemed a little hesitant to ask the last part. And though I knew I could lie to him easily about it. I didn't want to, because I honestly wanted his opinion on the subject.

"Maybe, a little. Not anytime soon though. Defiantly after graduation." He looked away seeming to think long and hard.

"Tell me what you feel when you're with her bells. How much do you love her?" Though I knew the answer, there was no describing the amount of love I have for Alice. I took the seat across from my dad at the table looking out the window thinking for a moment. 

"When I'm with her, I feel like I don't have to worry about anything. Like it's just me and her, like it's always gonna be just me and her. I feel safe and at home, and to be honest there's no place I'd rather be when I'm with her. And when I'm not, she's all I'm thinking about. And I love her more than any words could ever describe." He didn't speak for a moment, just sat in silence. Which made the situation really awkward.

"I see the way you look at her Bella. And I see the way she looks at you. It's how I used to look at your mom. Only difference is, your mom never looked at me the way Alice looks at you. If you feel like she's the one, if you know for sure deep down that there couldn't be anyone else but her. Than I support you." He gave me a small smile, which comforted me. I always knew my dad was a sensitive man, but never this much.

I stood up from my chair and gave him a tight hug. Though he was still sitting down he hugged me back.

"Thank you dad."

"It's what I'm here for Bells. Now you better go, you know how Alice gets when you're late." I let him go and gave him a peck on the cheek.

I ran upstairs throwing on my jacket, grabbing my keys and my suit for the party later. I head down stairs telling Charlie bye and get in my truck to head to Alice's apartment.

--------------

"I don't like it."

I made it to Alice's place in enough time for her not to complain about why I didn't come earlier. I was showing her the suit I was suppose to be wearing to tonight's party. She asked me to try it on, and as always. There's no saying no to Alice.