19

Emmory, Teagan, and Stevie were given the clear to go home on September 15th. Stevie dressed the girls in the peach and gray polka dotted onesies and as they were driving up to their house from the backseat between the car seats, Stevie starts hitting Lindsey's bicep.

"We never told our parents." She panics.

"Steph, Relax. You can call them when we get into the house. These last few days have been overwhelming I'm sure they will understand." Lindsey sighs as one of the babies start whining in the back.

"Let me guess...Teagan?" Lindsey asks turning a corner.

"Yes, our little poet needs a diaper change. I think we're getting good at the cry cues." Stevie smiles.

"Cry cues?" Lindsey questions.

"Baby tells you what they need through a certain cry." Stevie coos gently scratching at Teagan's stomach. Emmory still fast asleep in the other car seat.

"So Annabelle is Dove, Teagan is poet, what is Emmory going to be?" Lindsey questions.

"I don't know yet. I'm thinking my little Bee or my sweet girl." Stevie smiles running her fingers through Emmory's dark curls

"Sweet Girl sounds better than a Bee." Lindsey explains pulling into the driveway.

"Sweet Girl it is." Stevie grins looking between the two babies.

***

Stevie walks into the house first, with the overnight bag, her purse, and the baby bag thrown over her shoulder, slowly as she's still in a slight amount of pain from giving birth, Lindsey close behind her with the car seats.

"I am so ready to sleep in my own bed." Lindsey groans walking into the house and kicking his shoes off, arms still full of babies. He has been sleeping hunched up in a chair next to Stevie's hospital bed for the past three days.

"Honey, we won't be getting much sleep." Stevie shakes her head walking further into the house. She cherished those extra few days at the hospital because she did get some sleep and she had more help than just Lindsey.

The lights were all off when Stevie made her way into the living room, but she was so startled when the lights abruptly turned on and she came face to face with all of hers and Lindsey's families. Including the McVie's.

"Oh, you guys are so sweet?" Stevie gasps tears coming to her eyes as the emotions were still running high.

"Congratulations Teedee," Barbara cheers wrapping her arms around her daughter.

"How did you know, I was just telling Lindsey that I had completely forgotten to call you guys." Stevie questions wiping her eyes as Lindsey finally makes his appearance with the twins.

"I called them a few hours after you gave birth. I wasn't going to not tell anyone." Lindsey explains wrapping his arms around her.

"Thank you Linds." Stevie cries into his arms.

"Momma, can I hold one of them?" Annabelle questions.

"Teagan is awake, but she needs a diaper change. Don't move Emmory. It's a key rule to not wake a sleeping baby." Stevie instructs moving to go sit on the couch. Lindsey follows the lead and puts the car seats on the coffee table in front of her.

"Aunt Stevie, why are they so small?" Jessie questions standing up next to Aunt and peering into the car seats.

"Everyone starts out that small and then they grow until they become big and strong like you. You were once that small, and so was Annabelle, and me, and Uncle Lindsey, even nana." Stevie explains to her niece.