18

The pain she was feeling was familiar. She had experienced it before, but this time it was different. This time, it was more intense as there was two people making her way out of her body. She was on all fours, in their bed shifting her weight back and forth. She was looking into Lindsey's eyes, as he was rubbing her stomach.

"Baby, it's going on five in the morning, I think we need to go to the hospital." Lindsey sighs.

"No, not yet. We have to wait until my water breaks." Stevie shakes her head.

"Baby it's been six hours of labor." Lindsey states.

"15. It's been 15 I started having contractions yesterday afternoon...Active, Active labor doesn't start until the water breaks. I was in labor-labor with Annabelle for twenty hours but active labor for 14. It's going to be awhile....FUCK!" Her explanation ends as a contraction rips through her stomach.

"Honey I'm worried about you." Lindsey sighs.

"I'm...f-ine...SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT!" Stevie groans hand falling to her stomach.

***

Annabelle didn't ask many questions, she knew something was going on when her parents weren't downstairs making her breakfast, as she was leaving she peaked her eye into the open crack of her parent's bedroom and when she saw exactly what was going on she was excited, but she went to school. She knew her mother, and she knew this was something her mom wasn't going to want her to see.

Lindsey watched as Annabelle drove away and was soon startled when Stevie let out a low groan.

"Lindsey...Lindsey, one of my waters broke." Stevie scrambled off of the bed where there was a puddle of water under her.

"Alright, let's get you changed and we'll go baby," Lindsey states walking over to their dresser where he grabbed her out another nightgown.

"Oh Lindsey, we need to hurry. I'm close." Stevie groans a waddle now prominent in her movements.

"Alright, let's go Angel." Lindsey's trying to keep his composure but he's freaking out.

There is one thing for sure, Lindsey needs to be strong for Stevie, she's in a lot of pain and he really can't help her. That becomes evident while he's en route to the hospital. As soon as Stevie sits down in the carseat she starts sobbing and shifting uncomfortably.

"Lindsey I can't sit like this....you need to hurry." Stevie sobs grabbing at his bicep causing him to swerve.

"Angel I'm going the speed limit," Lindsey tells her

"AGH...OOH, FUCK the speed limit." Stevie screams hitting at his bicep this time.

***

Stevie is seven centimeters when the doctor checks her at the hospital, wraps a fetal monitor around her stomach and sticks an IV in her hand. She grips Lindsey's hand and she's rolling her head back and forth. The contractions crashing over her like waves.

"Aghhh, oooh I can't do this. I can't do this Lindsey." Stevie cries rolling over and latching around his neck.

"Baby we're almost there. It's a little too late to back out now." Lindsey chuckles.

"It hurts so bad Lindsey." Stevie sobs, as he rubs her back.

"I know Angel, and I am so sorry," Lindsey says kissing her forehead.

***

"AGHHH! Lindsey, I need someone, I need someone right now." Stevie screams writhing in the hospital bed, Leg's bent.