16

Fourth of July fell on a Saturday this year, both to Anna and Stevie's content. It made it so Stevie's brother, sister-in-law, and niece were able to come. Lindsey's entire family came just for the weekend, Anna who worked at a little mom and pop bakery had the day off because they closed the shop. It also made it easier for the McVie's to come over as well.

The kids were playing in the pool with Greg's wife and Jeff's wife. Lindsey had the men by the grill and Stevie, Christine, and Lori were lounging on the chairs by the side of the pool. Stevie at 26 weeks was slathered in sunscreen, she was waving herself with a Japanese fan, hair pulled into a French twist, dressed in a red white and blue striped sleeveless dress.

"Stevie you look miserable." Christine states.

"I feel miserable. My back hurts, it's hotter than hell out here, and the babies are fighting with each other." Stevie whines pressing firmly on a specific spot on the side of her stomach, that had been taking a beating.

"That's why after having Jessie I am done." Lori chimes in.

"We had Molly and then Graham, Molly was an easy pregnancy, she was small, five pounds four ounces. Graham, on the other hand, was about ten pounds and I about murdered John, but we were lucky, we had one of each so after Graham I said no more." Christine explains.

"Where is Molly? We haven't met her yet." Stevie turns her attention to Christine.

"Johnny and I are originally from England, we came over here with Mick Fleetwood, believe it or not, we were a band, but we couldn't find a record company for us. So, I got a job teaching, I have a degree in Art teaching and after a few years working at an elementary school, I went back and got a few more degrees and became Principal at the High School. Molly was born in England whereas Graham was born here. She was able to get free college over there, so she took the offer. She didn't want to move here in the first place. She'll be home in December after she graduates. She's taking a semester to do some stupid aptitude training that I don't even understand. She's a nursing and radiology major." Christine explains.

"Oh, that's a good degree. She'll be helping people that's amazing." Stevie coos.

"It really is, John and I are so proud of her." Christine smiles.

"Fun fact, Mick Fleetwood is Stevie's drummer." Lori states.

"He is...we slept together when Anna was like eight. It was only the once....he wasn't that good." Stevie wrinkles her nose.

"That's why Jenny said she left him." Christine laughs.

"You two are horrible. I just wanted to let her know that you knew Mick, I didn't need to know about sex lives." Lori groans.

***

After feasting on the bratwurst, and hamburgers that Lindsey grilled, and the numerous salads that Stevie created, everyone was still sitting out by the pool except for Lindsey and Jeff who had run away with explosives.

Stevie about jumped out of her skin when the first firework went off, as did the two babies in her belly. They had been wrestling but as soon as Stevie jumped at the explosion, the babies stopped and didn't move.

***

That night, while Lindsey and Stevie were laying in bed, Lindsey had just finished his nightly conversation with the babies and was gently caressing Stevie's stomach.

"Steph we're almost there." Lindsey coos.

"I know," Stevie says hesitantly.