20

When Lindsey went back to work it was a whole other ball game, Stevie was left alone with two infants. Two infants that required a lot that she couldn't do by herself. When Stevie's black SUV pulled into the parking lot of the studio where she and Lindsey were going to be recording their song, Lindsey was leaning against the wall talking to a man that she had seen several times. She blew out a puff of air and tightened up the ratty ponytail that was in her hair, as she wasn't able to shower today or do anything remotely nice with her outfit, body, or hair. She climbed out of the car and went around the back where she took Teagan out, then walked around to the other side and pulled Emmory out. With both of the carriers on either arm, she made her way towards the two men talking.

"Stevie, you look...well, how've you been?" The man that she knew, Ralph Emmerson the head of her label asks.

"Ralph...Answer your own question." Stevie states as Lindsey takes the baby from her right arm.

"Steph, I love you, but I've seen you in the studio before and it doesn't include a ponytail, with baby puke on your shoulder." Lindsey chuckles.

"It's your fucking fault. You just HAD to get me pregnant and you just had to go back to work." Stevie spits and winks taking the other baby into the studio. Leaving Lindsey completely confused.

Lindsey laughs and shakes Ralph's hand before following Stevie into the studio.

After some small introductions, Stevie grabs Lindsey's bicep.

"I left their baby swings in my trunk; will you please go get them?" Stevie questions getting on her tiptoes and kissing him chastely.

"Of course my love." Lindsey sighs kissing her head.

***

Two weeks pass, and after making friends with the guy at the board, Lindsey finds himself playing producer. Something that he hasn't done in about forty years. Behind the board, he felt comfortable like nothing had changed. They had already dubbed the music, Lindsey, of course, playing guitar, Stevie adding the timber of her tambourine. Today they were doing the final step, they were finally getting the vocals done. But what made the whole situation even better, were his two babies in their swings on a coffee table in front of a couch. Both with pacifiers in their mouths listening to their mother's voice flowing through the speakers. Their eyes, still both bright blue were looking back and forth trying to figure out where their mom's vocals were coming from as it was surrounding the whole room.

You think you hear demons

I think you are the demon

In this place

Where the images

Are born.

You remember your childhood

Oh, in fiery sequences

By the time his vocals had been complete to an extent, it was bordering on eight that night. And both babies had been fed twice and were now both sleeping. Now, they were both in the booth. Lindsey's arms around Stevie their hands clasped over her stomach doing their harmony parts. Lindsey has no desire to go back to the music industry after the spectacle that was Buckingham Nicks, but singing into the microphone wrapped around his love, it felt right.

Like your passion and your anger

You don't let go

You like to be twisted