3

"I'm so sorry. I had some business to finish up." Stevie says not even looking in Lindsey's direction.

But he didn't need her to look at him for him to know that he was definitely Anna's father.

"Kate. You got in a fight with Stevie Nicks' daughter. She could sue us. I'm a lawyer, I can't be sued." Kate's mother babbles.

"She started it she slapped me. We should sue them." Kate hisses.

"You were making out with my boyfriend." Anna spits.

"You don't even know how to act around boys. How could you, you don't have a dad." Kate states and Lindsey will admit, that was a low blow for both of them.

"I do have a dad, he may not be in the picture but that doesn't mean I don't have one. But what does that have to do with anything." Anna says sadly. And Lindsey can see the dejected look on Stevie's face.

"You just flat out admitted that your mom was a whore. How do you know he wasn't with me even before you two started dating." Kate glares.

"KATE!" Her dad bellows.

"My mom...is not a WHORE!" Anna has his temper, and he knows he needs to step in.

"ANNABELLE! Control yourself, that's why you're in here in the first place." Lindsey warns and Stevie's head whips in his direction and she looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

"I'm sorry Mr. Buckingham." Annabelle bows her head in submission.

"Yeah, listen to Mr. B. I'm in the right and you're not. Plain and simple." Kate shrugs.

"No Kate, you aren't. I know Stevie Nicks. We went to high school together, we went to college together, and growing up we lived in the same subdivision. She is not a whore. Now, I have things to do, papers to grade, and lesson's to teach, so can we please have a civil discussion and talk about repercussions and get to the bottom of this." Lindsey looks at all of them.

"Oh my god...Annabelle Buckingham, he's your father isn't he. You said at the beginning of the year you two weren't related. He's your father. This is good." Kate chuckles evilly.

"Kate, my personal life is none of your business." Lindsey groans starting to pace the floor.

"He's right. His personal life, Anna's personal life, and Ms. Nicks' personal life are none of your business now let's sit down and talk about this like adults. Starting with, why Mr. Buckingham and Mr. Fish hauled you two down here. I want to hear from Annabelle first." Christine leans back in her chair crossing her arms.

"I woke up, got dressed, my aunt drove me to school and I was going up to Mr. Buckingham's room. He is giving us extra credit if we go in before or after school and recite a passage from Romeo and Juliet perfectly. I had practiced all night and I was confident in myself and I am not one to turn down extra credit, so I was going to recite my passage. Christian and I have been dating since homecoming so almost three months now and I walked upstairs, and I caught him and Kate kissing. My mom always says I act on impulse and I admit I did act on impulse. I grabbed her by the arm and I hit her because she was the other girl. Did I slap her? Yes, but then she pulled my hair and started scratching me. It's blank from there until Mr. Buckingham grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder. Then I saw Mr. Fish grab both Christian and Kate by the arms and we were dragged down here. But Kate had it coming she has done nothing but tortured me this whole first part of the school year. She's tripped me in the hall and she's thrown paper at me and pens, and she calls me names, and she dumped spaghetti all over my favorite white top." Anna sighs