Chapter 9: The defeat of HawkMoth?!

Marinette:

Where...Where am I? Who am I? Adrien? Who's Adrien?

"Hello there Ladybug..." 'Who are you? Where are you?' I only see black? I see and feel nothing..."

"Mari~" That voice... Could that be Adrien? Who is he? Wait... Adrien is a he now? I feel like I know that name.Mari~ That voice kept running through my head. I knew that voice, I need to open my eyes. Why though? Why was I in pain? I open my hesitant eyes to meet a blond boy?

Adrien? I wasnt even in control of my mouth, I didnt know who he was. But yet there was this sudden urge to kiss him? I saw him let tears sly out as he came closer. Then it hit me, Adrien, I knew him all along, I loved him! But how do I not know anyone else?

( TIME SKIP )

"Mari you almost told them our identities..." I look at him confused, what was so important about jumping from rooftops to rooftops so secret? Somehow I just couldnt grasp that memory as a few moments later I found myself in the hospital bed with Adrien once again as he leaned on me. I was so happy that I had him back, wait. Was he gone? I didnt get much thought as I opened my eyes to see a girl tugging on him to get off me? Doesnt she know its cold in here and hes a heat projector? I give her the death glance and apparently she got scared? I didnt find the glare that intimidating? I shrug it off as I lay there in pain? Why was I in pain?

"A..Adrien?" He seemed to be asleep or was trying to, he just simply laid there on my stomach as he waited for my question.

"Why...Do I hurt?" That question seemed to catch everyone off guard as Adrien stiffened and so did the other two people Adrien called Alya and Nino.

"What do you mean? Do you not-" He says as he looks up to me finally, he stops mid sentence but why? I look at him confused. He seemed to only tensed up even more as he sits up into a sitting position on the bed still holding my broken hand. By then Alya and Nino had gathered up o both sides of the bed with Adrien and I.

"Mari, do you not remember?" Adrien says once more as he looks deep into my eyes trying to seek the truth.

"Remember what?" I say while glancing around, Alya put a hand to her mouth holding in a gasp. While Nino looked horrified while Adrien, well I myself cant explain the look he gave me. A mixture of fear, worry, and sadness.

"Adrien can I talk to you outside?" Alya had asked Adrien. He looked hesitant before going. I must say I too was a little sad that he had left. Nino however just continued to stand in shock just like before. I roll my eyes and try to go to sleep once more. Although, I cant even do that. I didn't have all my memories, I have lost time, I didn't know why I was hurting. I couldn't just go to sleep, especially in this numbing pain. I wanted to toss and turn but I couldn't. Instead I laid there, pale, I guess I have looked asleep with my eyes closed, and breathing rigid. But I could still hear the voices around me.

Adrien:

"Adrien can I talk to you outside?" No is what I wanted to say. No I cant leave her, no I must shield her from the past. I didn't want toooooooo, I complained in my head as I finally went out the door, but made sure to crack the door so I can still see her.

"What is it Alya?" My voice seemed dry, although I do not blame it for I wished I could take away all of Mari's pain and suffering.

"I don't think we should tell Mari the truth... Think about it, if Mari knows what really happened then she would remember all of it and who knows what he did to her in there. We could lie, lie and say she was attacked and robbed. That can explain a lot of questions she has, and she can avoid the trama. But at last its your decision." Adrien looked down, he could save her of her fear, her pain, but at the same time. He would be lying to her. No, no I could not lie to the one person I love.

"No." I could tell Alya was questioning my decision but I did not care I walked back into the room where I sat on the edge of her bed. She was pale, unmoving, if there wasn't a heart monitor then I would have thought she was dead. I let out a worried sign as I very carefully climbed back to where I was. I looked up at her face once more to see a smile. And for the first time, in a long while, I gave her a genie smile, a real smile of happiness. As I clung onto her waist holding her, for I would do anything for her as I fell asleep.

Gabriel:

Cameras, cameras give you an over look of anything you wished to see. After Adrien went into his girlfriends room I snuck out, so silently and with quirkiness. I headed back to my mansion shoeing Natalie, my assistant, off as head into my office. The house was dull as always ever sense the love of my life had vanished. I wasn't always the same I admit, today I saw how far I'd go for my wife. I knew in doing so, I had hurt my family more than just my son. But my future daughter-in-law. I knew I had to stop, I knew after all these years if she had not come back by now than she will never come back. I rub my temples as I then lean forward in my office chair and stat hacking into the hospital mainframe as I saw my son lying next to the broken girl. My hand wondered to my moth miraculous. I need to stop this. I thought to myself and only myself for I am alone. Adrien, my poor Adrien, I have hurt the only family I have. This needs to stop. I know that now, I then pulled at the moth and put it upon the desk in front of me. Nooroo soon flew out and quickly took the opportunity to leave. I sit up in my office chair and glance at the sleeping teenagers. Surprisement hit my like a wave for I saw no fear in Marinette's eyes? Had she forgotten all about- I cut myself off at the thought. Could it be possible, no it cant be.

"Natalie!" I call for her as she dashed into the office.

"Yes sir?" She looks up at me, as usual she had no face expression as she had a pen in hand ready to write down my demands on her clipboard as usual.

"I would like constant updates on Adriens girlfriend please." As she writes down my demand I heard her mutter Marinette you mean- but I took no notice as she walked out the door. I glance once more at the sleeping children, and think to myself once more. Knowing that Marinette will keep Adrien safe gave me reassurance, but I must make sure that none of them know who my secret identity was. Lost in thought I didnt hear Natalie come in once more.

"Sir, the hospitals records you asked me to go through on Marinette is circumstantial. She suffered a great deal of blood loss, head trauma, and well for her physical appearance her wrist were shown here as broken along with her right thigh that is greatly damaged. The nurses say she cant recall curtain faces or what had happened to her in the last couple of days. They do say she remembers Adrien, slightly but they do say her memory could come back in a few days." I bend my head down and nod signaling Natalie away as I watch them once more. Regret, regret is a terrible feeling for all along, all I wanted was to have my wife back. And a simple girl was keeping that away from me. Atlas, I do not feel hatred for her but only myself as I realized too late that I needed to stop. One day, I thought, one day I will show who I really am. And on that day I will pay for my actions. But for now, I must watch from afar, making sure no harm comes to them once more.

( 1,548 words, so sorry it has taken me so long... I'm having a bit of trouble trying to make this story more fascinating so if you have ideas please let me know and I can almost guaranty that it will absolutely help me out, once again I will try my hardest to get these chapters writin for you. Thank you so much for reading my story as I bid you farwell and goodbye for now. Have a great day! )