Chapter 8: Recovery

Adrien:

...I pushed open the door to see my purrincess. The light was dim as I moved towards my sleeping princess. She had bandages along side her head. With a black eye. Her wrists had braces on them to help them heal straight from there broken state. She was in her hospital gown sleeping. Even through sleep I admired the beautiful face that I missed so dearly. I walk over to the chair that was by the hospital bed and sat down. I then very gently place my hand on her unbruised cheek as I let a tear fall. A happy tear that she was going to be ok. That she was here, then she moved her head onto my hand cuddling up to it. I smiled as I said very quietly, 'Mari? It's me Adrien, lease open your eyes?' As she started fidgeting everywhere, I could tell she was waking up to my voice. Then my heart nearly dropped dead and melted when she opened her eyes and said my name.

"A..Adrien?" I started crying as I was nodding my head. My left hand was still on here cheek and with my right I gently placed it on her hand. As I stood above her I could tell she was about to cry of relief or pain I couldn't tell. I moved my hand that was on the side of her face to wipe her tears.

"Please don't cry Mari, I'm here ok? I'm never leaving you again I promise! You parents are outside along with everyone else do you want to see them?" She was crying even harder now as she tried to speak through her dry voice.

"Chatton, I... I can't remember my parents or anyone else... I... I'm scared, how do I only remember you?" Adrien let out some tears as he shock his head. 'I don't know Mari'

"Can... Can I hug you? Will it hurt?" I looked at her with worried eyes as she nods, I lean in gently an put my face on her chest listening to her heart beat as I fell her gently but surely squeeze my hand. I let out a few emotional tears slip out as I looked back to her. She smiled at me! Despite her pain, her grief, her confusion, she still smiled.

"I...I remember having parents and friends but I can't pinpoint what they look like... Or there voice... I... I remember you... I... you heard me." Through her emotional, dry throat I nodded my head and gently went back down and put my head in the crock of her neck cuddling her, reassuring her that it's all over. She laid her head down to mine and kissed my forehead. Then laid her tired head on mine once more.

"I... I thought I lost you bugaboo." I smile and hold her hand a little tighter.

"You can never lose me... Chatton." I smile at her words as I buried my head deeper into her neck making sure this wasn't a dream as a few tears came out of my grasp.

"Shhhhh.Shhhh It's alright....I'm...Here..." Her voice was so calm and reassuring even though I felt selfish of needing her when she needed me but in the end we both needed each other. Reluctantly I stood back up still holding her hand as she looked at me frightened.

"Ple...ase...Don't...GO!" She cried as she held my hand tighter. I sat back down on the bed making sure not to hurt or cause pressure on her thigh.

"Princess, I was just going to bring in your parents and your best friend, I was going to see if you can remember them. They all have been scared too you know." She then smiled and held my hand tighter.

"Please...Just...Don't...Let...Go..." She said through her dry mouth. I nodded and still had her hand in mine as I reached for the water on the bedside table.

"Here, let me help you. This will make you feel better." I knew it was water with medicine in it so I knew she would take it. She nodded and I sat back down on the bed and with the hand that was not holding hers. I brought it up to her lips as she drank all of it.

"Better?" I say putting the cup back. She smiled and said without as dried of a voice before.

"Yes, thank you." I smile back at her as I lean in for a kiss. But just before I ask her, 'Can I kiss you M'Lady?' I didn't have to wait long as she used her strength to lift her head into the kiss. I moved my free hand to the back of her head so she wont have to use anymore energy into the kiss. I smile as I held her in my arms. We didn't notice the door opening to see both of Marinettes parents walk in along with Alya and Nino.