Boring mummy

Angelina's POV

As soon as I received the call from police officer that they found George and they are bringing him home, I immediately called George's teacher Katherine.George had ruined her whole afternoon so as a parent I am supposed to apologise her.

She took the call within the first ring as if she was expecting a call from me.

"Hello,Thanks for the call Angelina, That's really a great news, I hope George is fine" she said once I informed her the news.

"Yes Katherine I didn't get the full details from the officer like exactly where did they find him" I cleared the sweat drops from my forehead "anyways he is coming home"

"Thank God!, these children Nowadays you know, I never expected such kind of behaviour from George, I mean how can he leave the campus like that..you know it's not acceptable"
Katherine sounded frustrated for the first time.

"I am sorry Katherine, George is a good student and never behaved like this before, you know .. I mean"

"Action will be taken against George for sure Angelina, I can't help it" Katherine sounded rude cutting me off,Even though my blood boiled listening to her words, I cannot show my anger because right now  ball is in her court.

I sighed heavily to suppress my anger " no problem Katherine I can understand the trouble my son has caused to the school, I shall talk to the principal"

"You better.." she cut the call and I couldn't stop myself cursing her under my breath.She acted so polite this afternoon, but now all of a sudden she started speaking rules, how humans change within seconds!.

I got the phone call from police officer only a few minutes ago, but each minute passed like an hour waiting for George, I was wondering where exactly did they find the stupid boy?,and how long will it take to come over here?.I ran into the kitchen and  gulped a full glass of orange juice.This is the fifth glass I am drinking since I came home.

I got jolted when my phone rang once again

"Hello" I picked the call wondering who it was

"Lina, does George like extra cheese on his Pizza?" it was Lisa who always lives in another world, I was sweating out of tension that my son is missing today, instead of coming immediately when I called her, she was busy shopping for my son all this while.

"Have you lost your mind Lisa?,you are supposed to be with me at my home, leaving all that behind you are shopping and buying pizza?"

"Oh come on Lina, its his birthday today, I know police would find him for sure, now tell me whether he likes extra cheese or not"

"Yes, he likes it and Police have found him, he is coming home, I do not know how long will it take for them to come here,but come as soon as possible"

"Really?" she squealed in excitement "see I told you, look I will be there in fifteen minutes, do not yell at George if he comes home earlier than me..."

"Enough Lisa, he is my son and I know what to do, just shut up and come fast" I cannot understand how cool she can be in such serious situations.

"Mom!, is George here yet?" Rebecca all dressed up in a party dress came downstairs as I was pacing in the hall waiting for George.

I couldn't take away my eyes off her, not that I am finding her beautiful for the first time, but her dress...

It looks so expensive..

"Rebecca where did you get this dress from?"

"Wow!, I expected this from you know, you never say I am beautiful, actually you don't even care how I look isn't it, all you care is only from where  did I get this dress right?" she narrowed her eyes and scowled at me.