Ashamed

Angelina's POV

I have to face the consequences now, my daughter has committed a crime! come what may I need to protect her, she is my daughter.

These words kept on ringing in my brain as I got ready to go to Reb's school, I quickly dialled Aryan's mum number as I don't have time to visit her personally.

"Hey Sheila" I said as she lifted my call "I had to go to Reb's school urgently is it okay if George stays at your house until afternoon, not sure how long will it take for me at school"

"Absolutely no worries Angelina, do visit us sometime, looks like you have become very busy nowadays"

Yeah!, for wrong reasons!

"Sure, sure, okay got to go Sheila , thanks again"
Sheila might have been shocked by my behaviour but I don't feel like talking to anyone, my mind is blank, can't even think of anything as in particular.

What am I doing with my life?, where am I doing wrong? Why are my children like this? What should I answer to the questions that school staff are going to ask me? How am I going to afford again if they are not ready to pay Reb's return ticket?

Thousands of questions occupied my brain like a dark cloud , its opaque everywhere, I cannot imagine anything about future!

My phone kept ringing in my hand bag and I knew its from David, but I do not have any mood to talk to him. I am hundred percent sure, If I answer his call and hear his voice I shall cry for sure and when he knows what happened, he will hate me, his reputation will go bad if people come to know that his girlfriend's daughter is a thief!, an international thief!

Tears brimmed my eyes as I got down from the bus and walked towards the school, the same feeling when I had walking towards Jack's casket!

God! Please give me strength to face school principal, I beg you! Clearing the tears I silently prayed god.There was pin drop silence in the campus , but my heart beat skipped when I saw some policemen standing at the entrance of the school.

I went straight toward reception ignoring them.
"How may I help you?" a pretty lady whom I have never seen before greeted me with a smile.

"I received a call from school this morning " my voice came almost as a whisper "I am Rebecca Jack's mom, I got a call.." she threw me a weirdest look before standing up from her chair.

"Principal Jinsy is waiting for you in her room" she said showing me the directions.

"Thanks"

I walked to the office room as soon as I can, as I entered the room I was attacked with several looks from strangers all dressed in very elegant and beautiful dresses, both men and women were wearing formal dresses but the looks on their faces were filled with tension and sadness.

Probably the parents of other children who were caught along with Reb.

"You are late Angelina" Sister Jinsy glared at me "did receptionist explain you what Rebecca has done?"

"Yes Sister!, I am really sorry for her actions, I cannot believe myself" I said swallowing hard

Somebody please give me water!

"The damage is already done Angelina, look I am coming straight to the point" she addresses everyone now giving me a slight break from her dagger looks "dear parents it's unfortunate when our children behave like this in a foreign country and that too when they have gone on a good mission of making us all proud, yet they made us all feel ashamed, they were representing the school, and school is blamed for children's indecent behaviour" Jinsy removes her glasses and wipes her tears "Sorry, its just we worked hard so much for this and all was ruined, anyways Australian government takes  the responsibility and would bring children back home, but..they have to face severe punishment from government here, the court will decide once the children arrived"