Remembering

"Wait, what are the Horsemen?" Percy asked, looking at the others in confusion. Carter jut shrugged, Allis gave him a murderous glare, and Janette just put a finger to her mouth and gave him a small grin. He shrugged and turned back to Chaos, who was waiting for them to finish.

"The Horsemen are a group of individuals that I will train myself. They will be my warriors, and they will save the world. I chose them a long time ago, the entered into a pact with me that allowed me to send them to the beginning of time to gain experience. They lived a thousand lives as warriors and leaders, but each time they would die they were transported to a new place as a baby, but their memories came to me. I promised them that when the time was right I would return their memories to them, the time is now. You are my chosen ones, you have lived since the dawn of time, and you are ready. Come and receive your inheritance," Chaos beckoned Carter forward.

Carter stepped up to the deity, with a of the courage and dignity that befitted a pharaoh. "Carter Kane, you have lost much. You once were a mighty ruler, who watched his people with kindness and compassion, but then you were betrayed. Instead of wilting under your pain, you rose above it and fought on. You are worthy, come and receive your memories," Chaos placed a thumb on his head, pressing lightly. Instantly, Carter gasped. He opened his eyes, showing the others that his eyes were now a solid red color.

"So many, there are so many things that I have seen. So much pain, and yet so much joy. How could I have forgotten all of this?" he said in wonder, reaching out as if he could touch his memories. Chaos withdrew her hand, and Carter smiled thankfully at her. She smiled back before motioning for him to sit back down. Allis walked up next, looking bored, and somehow deadly.

"Allis, you who once were a powerful assassin, but you too were betrayed. Once, everyone feared your name, but you were not as merciless as they thought. A killer with a heart, and honor beyond any that I have seen, except for one. They tricked you, offering a chance to see your family once more. Instead, you were stabbed in the back by those you trusted. You fought back, proving that you were worthy. Come forward, Allis, and receive your memories," Chaos placed her thumb against Allis's forehead. This time, instead of red eyes, it was black that stared back at them. Unlike Carter, Allis did not say anything, just nodded at Chaos. However, though she tried to hide it, Percy was sure that he saw a single tear fall down her cheek. Chaos smiled kindly at Allis, before beckoning Janette forward. She stepped forward, looking both terrified and excited.

"Janette, the high priestess. You once commanded the respect of hundreds, the head of your order. You were called the most wise, but there were those who grew jealous, and they decided to get rid of you. Your own sister lead the murder, striking you through the heart with an enchanted blade. They thought you dead, but you fought on. You proved yourself worthy, now come forward and receive your memories," Chaos placed her thumb on Janette's forehead. Janette gave a small gasp, opening her eyes which glowed a deep blue.

"Thank you," was all she could say. Chaos smiled at her too, beckoning Percy forward. Percy stepped forward, waiting for her to place her thumb on his forehead.

"Percy, the child of prophecy. You who were the hero, the Child of the Sea. You lead armies, and had the trust of the children of gods, you fought the Titan lord and the Earth herself, rising victorious in both fights. They hailed you a hero, but you were to humble to accept their praise, you let another be the hero, and you payed the price. They turned on you, despised you, and hated you, and then she betrayed you. The one you loved, and the one who promised to love you, the one you fell into the deepest pit of hell with, yet she betrayed you. So you left, and conquered the enemies that came against you, proving that you are a true hero. You have been deemed worthy, come forward and receive your memories," Percy stepped forward hesitantly, not remembering the conquering his enemies part. He felt Chaos's thumb placed against his forehead, and pressed gently. Instantly his mind was flooded, a thousand lives and a thousand deaths all filling his mind. He could see the centuries beginning, and ending, and a thousand languages were known to him. He had watched empires rise and crumble, kings born and killed, and all that time he had been alone. He lived billions of years, and yet he had never accepted companionship, always alone.

"I see so much," he said in awe, looking to Chaos, who smiled at him just as she had the others. Now he understood that her smile was one of understanding and love. He knew why, all those years he had only been turned into a child, not reborn, and a child needed a mother. She had been his mother for a thousand lives, an for that he loved her. Maybe he hadn't been so alone after all.

He moved back to his seat, sitting next to Janette. He noticed her looking at him in wonder.

"Do I have something on my face?" he joked, wanting to make her smile. Instead she just shook her head.

"Your eyes, they're green," she whispered. He tilted his head in confusion, his eyes had always been green.

"No, I mean they're solid green. No pupil or white, just green. The same green as before, but just everywhere," she said in awe, reaching out a hand as if to touch his face. He smiled slightly, watching as she drew her hand back.

"Your eyes are solid blue, just so you know," he said with a friendly smile, for some reason feeling giddy when she smiled.

"You are all your true selfs now, and now I ask again. Will you be my Horsemen?" Chaos asked as she turned to each of them.

"I will," Percy said after a moment of silence.

"As will I," Carter was next to step forward.

"Me too," Janette whispered.

"Might as well, I have nothing better to do," Allis said from her corner.

"Then welcome my children, there is much to do," Chaos said with another smile.