18- I Will Protect You Like No One Ever Have

Thanks for reading, Please VOTE and Leave a COMMENT, also add to your READING LIST and LIBRARY.

RECAP

Xiongwei understood his mother's hatred but he also would like to believe that not all demons were bad and that apart from killing them there was a better way forward, moreover, the person she harmed, his little prince who had stayed with him in the beast forest was no demon or so he believed at the time.

Chapter 18- I will protect you like no one ever have

"Who would have thought that coming to kill one little harmless demon will result in so much trouble"  Mu Lin eyes that were moments ago still viciously staring at the second prince had reluctantly redirected his gaze due to the sudden arrival of the unwelcome guest, and then he continued speaking "Hey you over there" High demon Mu Lin pointed at Commander Yu before he continued speaking "I will be your opponent and be fortunate to know the name of the high demon that ends your miserable life, I am High demon Mu Lin, fourth in command to the crown prince" Mu Lin could sense that the immortal before him wasn't one that the other high demons could handle, moreover, he had always loved battling with strong immortal opponents, defeating them and having their blood on his hand was such a delight to him so once he finished what he had to say, Mu Lin immediately engaged in an intense battle with the immortal commander Yu.

Mu Lin didn't need to instruct the other demons on what was expected of them, he believed that they could guess his intentions.

Commander Yu couldn't fully concentrate on the battle because he was worrying about the empress elect and the crown prince and this made High demon Mu Lin have the upper hand in the battle between them, Mu Lin was able to inflict surface injuries on him time and time again while he couldn't even land a blow on Mu Lin, Commander Yu kept regretting his actions of disobeying the heavenly emperor's orders and he also kept recalling what the empress elect had said to him, previously she had assured him that they were only coming to save the crown prince from one high demon clinging to his side while in disguise but obviously that was not the case and now they are short on man power and completely unprepared for the situation at hand.

Commander Yu while fighting began to make plans, he believed that their only way out of this was to escape because they were outnumbered but to do so the timing had to be right, these demons won't just let them walk out of here especially since they obviously had the upper hand in this battle.

To commander Yu's momentary relieve his second in command could hold down two of the high demons present even if he couldn't kill them, this is something that commander Yu can also do but demon Mu Lin that he had to fight was no ordinary high demon like the two his second in command would choose to battle against.

After all commander Yu's men attacked the demons, they were still two who were free and had no one to deal with them.

Commander Yu was perturbed about the those two remaining high demons attacking the heavenly empress and the crown prince, this was because he knew that the crown prince of the heavenly realms powers were sealed for this particular training at the beast forest while on the other hand the heavenly empress couldn't battle for long because her body was frail and any slight stress could worsen it's situation.

However, once again to commander Yu's alter astonishment those demons were heading towards the little demon that was close to death's door, commander Yu couldn't help but wonder why they were so hell bent on killing their own even in such a circumstance, it was like they were obsessed and could not think of anything else until the death of that demon was certain but then commander Yu believed  he could never understand how the mind of demons worked, anyway for the time being he decided that he could stop dividing his attention to the events happening around him and face this Mu Lin and maybe he could quickly deal with him in time so that he can prevent the other two high demons from proceeding in attacking the heavenly empress when they were done with that little demon which probably won't take too long.