11- Inheritance Ceremony

THANKS FOR READING, PLEASE VOTE, SHARE, LEAVE A COMMENT, ADD TO YOUR READING LIST AND LIBRARY.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN EDITED, I DIDN'T REALLY READ THROUGH AFTER I WAS DONE SO IF YOU NOTICE ANY MISTAKES PLEASE POINT IT OUT.

I ACTUALLY PLAN ON MAKING THIS STORY A SHORT ONE, SO I MIGHT BREEZE THROUGH A LOT OF STUFFS. 

RECAP

Chapter 11- Inheritance Ceremony

Against Xu Bu tong's wishes, he was made to float a few feet above ground behind the gorgeous man carrying the baby, this made him reaffirm his assumption that he might have turned into a ghost, they walked for a while until they arrived at a huge black metal door, they were two guards standing at attention at both sides of the door and immediately they saw the man they attempted opening the huge metal door, it took a bit of effort on their part but eventually they got the door to open.

Once the man walked through the door, Xu Bu tong could see the huge spacious hall, he didn't there will be a part of this scaring looking building that could look like this, everywhere they had passed before getting here had a very gloomy, deadly aura going around the atmosphere but this hall was a bit different, although the hall was cold and the color of black was present in every decoration placed in there which also made the hall look gloomy however the ceiling looked like the starry night sky, it was sparkling and beautiful.

Xu Bu tong also noted the fact that they weren't the only ones in the room, a young boy, about eleven years old was standing some meters in front of a black throne that resembled the head of a skull, and on either side of the boy were about two men dressed in battle armor.

When the men saw the man carrying the baby, they all bowed slightly and then chorused " Congratulations demon lord, you finally have a second prince" from their not overly cautious behavior Xu Bu tong could comprehend that they were of high status unlike the other creatures he had seen attending to that woman, thinking about those creatures and then seeing these men with small hones on their forehead addressing this man as demon lord made Xu Bu tong wonder if the place he was in was, in fact, the demon world, it felt unbelievable, however, how else could he explain all this.

As the demon lord smiled at them Xu Bu tong could see their shell-shocked appearance, even the little boy whose face was cold and stoic was also surprise although he didn't let it show much as he said "Congratulations father, for such a high-level demon like yourself to birth two children, shows how favored you are the darkness" and for the first time in the little boys life, the demon king actually ruffled his hair, giving him another shock. He has always known his father to never show his emotions so what changed? The boy turned to stare coldly at the baby soundlessly sleeping in the demon lord's arms.

"First prince Du Teng, this is your younger brother so make sure you take good care of him going forward" the demon lord said after taking his seat on the weird looking skull black throne, the mouth of the skull was done in such a way that it was opened wildly and could be sat on and as usual Xu Bu tong floated and stood behind the skull throne.

"Yes father" the eleven-year-old boy named Du Teng said, Xu Bu tong had the feeling that the boy didn't mean what he said at all, he has been venomously glaring at the baby in his father's arms like the child had stolen his favorite food or something similar, so how could this Du Teng treat the child well, Xu Bu tong couldn't help fearing for this baby's future.

Also, Xu Bu tong somewhat believed that naming this first prince Du Teng must have contributed to his twisted personality, "who names their child poison vine anyway" Xu Bu tong thought.

"I really wonder what ability the second princes will possess once he receives his inheritance," One of the men in armor said.

"Demon General Lang, you will have to wait five more years for that to happen however I am sure the second prince will not disappoint us, he is the son of our Lord after all" and so chatter began amongst these men who were clearly top figures in the demon world. All were excited about the second prince future potential except one.

Just like that Xu Bu tong watched as the second prince grew up, Xu Bu tong realized that wherever the second prince was that was where he would be, he was like the second prince shadow and was probably the closest person at this moment to the second prince unknown to anyone. This could be considered as the most boring time in Xu Bu tong life but there was nothing he could do about it, after much attempt to wake up from this strange dream and not being able to he eventually gave up, he had tried picking up a knife to stab himself because he believed if he died in the dream he would be able to wake up in the real word however his hand had just passed through were the weapons were and couldn't pick up any, he also tried drowning himself but that didn't work out to so he let sleeping dogs lie and continued living as this painful existence.

Finally, the second prince had turned five years old and was being taken to the room where he would receive his inheritance and truly become a part of the demon world; this was a very important occasion for high blooded demons especially for someone who was an heir to the demon lord.

Every single important figure in the demon world was present for this occasion, nonetheless, they were not more than ten, and they all watched intently as the demon lord proudly took his son's hand and walked side by side with him towards where he would receive his inheritance.

The inheritance hall was structured in a circular manner; it looked like an ancient Rome Colosseum, it was both beautiful and scary, once the second prince was personally led by his father to the center of the stage where the ceremony for him to receive his inheritance was to be carried out.

Once the demon lord left a barrier covered the whole stage with the boy presently squatting in the middle of it all, this barrier wasn't meant to restrict the boy from going out but was to prevent the force of his inheritance from causing injuries to onlookers, whether the onlookers where strong or not didn't matter, the force of inheritance wasn't something one not receiving an inheritance could take on casually so this barrier was very important.

The ceremony immediately began as strange symbols began to appear around the stage, Xu Bu tong whom all this while was standing behind the boy like a bodyguard recognized this symbols, they were words written in demon language, after staying by the second prince side and watching him been taught by the best teachers in the demon world, Xu Bu tong have been able to learn a thing or two about this dream demon world, however despite knowing the words for some result he couldn't understand what the words meant.

Soon the whole stage was lithe with a dark light that caused the barrier to shake violently and the whole hall to quake, the second prince was now sweating bullets and had his eyes shut tightly, the officials watching this happen outside could not see what was going on inside but Xu Bu tong could see them to gasp in shock and delight, In was also clear by their expression that they were all anticipating something amazing to happen next on the stage but nothing happened, Instead the dark light completely disappeared and what remained was the second prince who had already fainted.

The demon lord instantly appeared before the second prince side, he didn't care much about anyone else but him anyway, so he just took him and left the hall "The ceremony is over, you can leave now" after saying that the demon lord briskly walked away.

The officials that should have left immediately instead stayed behind and shown no sign of leaving, it was like they were rooted to their seats.

After what seemed like forever a voice suddenly broke the unnatural silence "This isn't right?"

THANKS FOR READING, DON'T FORGET TO PLEASE VOTE.