Good intentions

(y/n) POV

"Bye honey, we'll be back later tonight." Mommy said, "Now I want you to me a good boy for grandma while we're gone." She said "Ok Mommy!" I said as Mommy and everyone else walked away.

"Ok sweetie we're going to have a lot of fun today!" Grandma said happily, "Grandma I don't wanna go." I said as I hugged her, "What are you talking about sweetheart? No one said anything about you going anywhere." She said, "A...after the trip Mommy's sending me to live with Mama in Menagerie. Please don't let her send me away." I cried, "Shhh it's ok. I'm gonna try to see if there's anything I can do, at the best I can get them to let you live here with me, and at worst I can't do anything." She said as she comforted me, "Now cheer up, you've got a fun day with grandma ahead of you." She said, I nodded softly and wiped away my tears, "Alright how about we go get some ice cream." She said, "Ok." I said, "Great, but first we have to go pick grandpa up from the airport." She said as she put her jacket on.

"Hi honey! Welcome back." Grandma said, "It's good to be home, who's this?" A man asked.

" Grandma said, "It's good to be home, who's this?" A man asked

"This is (y/n), April's stepson. And she's marrying his mother not his father." She said, "Well that's great!" He said, "I'm happy for them. Hello I'm Jack, but you're more than welcome to call me grandpa if you like." He said. "We're going to go get some ice cream would you like to join us?" She asked, "I'd love to." He said.

"So (y/n) how old are you?" Grandpa asked, "I'm five." I said, "Honey he might be living with us soon, his mother is going to send him to live with his birth mother in Menagerie. He doesn't want to go so I said I'd see if there was anything I could do for him." Grandma said as she took a bite of her ice cream.

Glynda POV

"April are we making a good decision?" I asked, "Glynda we're fine, I'm not saying you have to buy the dress, all I'm saying is you look amazing in it." April said, "No not about the dress, but thank you honey. I meant about (y/n) living with Kali. Menagerie is so far away and what if he needs us and we're not there for him." I said, "Glynda it's your call, you're his mom you make the decisions." She said, "I...I don't know. I want my baby with me at all times, but I know he wont always be safe around us." I said, "Well let's discuss this with Kali and come up with something." She said as she kissed me, "Oh and honey, I don't want a wedding dress. Lets both just wear a nice dress and leave it at that." I said, "I like that idea." She said.

(y/n) POV

"There's my baby!" Mommy said as she walked inside, "Mommy!" I said as I ran over to her and hugged her as she picked me up, "You must be Glynda. I'm Jack, April's father. (y/n) has told me so much about you. Did you really kill a Nevermore using a Beowolf?" Grandpa asked, Mommy laughed nervously a bit, "I used an Ursa, but yes." She said, "So I guess it's also true that you let your son fight dangerous grimm on his own." He said, "I had no part in that, he did that all on his own, but he's in a unique with those grimm. His father was one." She said, "I'm aware. I'm also aware that he already has several weapons." He said, "Weapons that I confiscated." She said, "Grandpa I don't need weapons to kill grimm." I said as my eyes turned blue, "Alright bud let's see what you can do. I want you to impress me, Sarah, and your parents." He said.

We went out to the backyard so I could prove my point. I took a deep breath and created an energy staff that transformed into a scythe.

 I took a deep breath and created an energy staff that transformed into a scythe

"Well Grandpa impressed yet?" I asked, "Very, but not quite enough." Grandpa said as he drew his gun.

"DADDY! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SHOOT MY SON!" April said, "Relax April I've faced worse, plus I have my ace in the hole

"DADDY! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SHOOT MY SON!" April said, "Relax April I've faced worse, plus I have my ace in the hole." I said, "Thata boy! He'll make a fine man one day." He said as he shot at me. "Daisy." I said calmly, suddenly Daisy jumped out in front of me and formed a shield. "I made my Mommy a promise that I wouldn't get into anymore fights until I'm older... that's why I have her." I said, "Only five and already getting people to do his dirty work. I don't know whether to be proud or scared." He said.

"Mommy what's wrong?" I asked, "Absolutely nothing honey, Mommy's just got a lot on her mind that's all." Mommy said as she tucked me into bed, "Goodnight kitten." She said as she gave me a kiss on the forehead, "Mommy." I said, "Yes kitten?" She said, "Can you tell me a story?" I asked, "Sure sweetie." She said as she sat at the foot of my bed.

Glynda POV

"You were in there for quite awhile is everything alright?" April asked, "Yeah, (y/n) just wanted me to tell him a story." I said, "April I wanna watch him grow up. I don't care that it's dangerous I'll protect him." I said, "You realize that Kali will want the same." She said, "She can move near us, or she could move in with us and we'll have a "How I Met Your Father" thing going. The point is we don't live in a world where he has one mother. He's got three and if one small thing had changed then he wouldn't be here with us right now." I said. "So you're set on this? Cause once you are there's no going back." She said, I nodded, "I wanna go back to being a normal mother again. I wanna change his sheets when he wets the bed because he had a nightmare. I wanna help him learn to ride a bike. But I don't wanna watch him get a girlfriend until he's at least thirty." I said, "Mommy." (y/n) said as he walked out of his room, "What's wrong kitten?" I asked, "I had a nightmare." He said groggily, "Looks like motherhood starts now honey." April said, "Yes it does." I said as I got out of bed and brought (y/n) into our bed. "Good night kitten. I love you three thousand." I said softly as I kissed him on the forehead.