Kitten's first day at the beach

(y/n) POV

We had arrived at the resort late last night. The resort was several miles to the east of Vale, we were in a coastal town called Nexus. Mommy said that it was one of the safest places in Vale.

"Well how do I look?" Mommy asked as she walked out of her room.

"You look pretty Mommy!" I said, "Thank you honey," She said, "Well I'm off

"You look pretty Mommy!" I said, "Thank you honey," She said, "Well I'm off." April said, "Where are you going? We were all supposed to go to the pool today." I said, "I know bud, but my mom wants to spend the day with me." She said, "I promise I'll make it up to you as soon as I get back." She said as she left. "Ok sweetie go get changed." Mommy said, "Ok." I said and went to my room.

"We're not going to the pool anymore are we?" Mommy said as I walked out of my room in the jacket Blake made me, "Nope, we're gonna go spy on April." I said as I put my gauntlets on, "Ok but why?" She asked, "Because I'm five and curious, and a third reason." I said, she sighed, "I'll go get changed, BUT we're not just spying on her we will be doing some shopping as well." She said.

April POV

Mom and I met up at my favorite coffee shop for breakfast. We got a table outside since it was a nice morning.

"So who told you I was back?" I asked, "Your sister." Mom said, "Of coarse it was!" I said, "You better be happy she did otherwise you'd be off somewhere doing who knows what right now!" She said, "Yeah I'd be at the pool with my fiance and soon to be stepson who by the way I'm here on vacation with!" I said, "Your engaged?! Oh honey that's wonderful!" She said, "Hold that thought Mom." I said as I threw my butter knife behind me, "AHHHH!" A child screamed, suddenly there was a loud crash followed by a trashcan lid rolling out into the street, "I'M OK!" The kid said as he walked out into the street.

"And what do you think your doing here?" I said, (y/n) laughed nervously, "Umm shopping?" He said, "Ok so you were spying on me." I said, "What! No! Me why would I do that?" He said, "Because your five and you think that you can do whatever you want and get away with it." I said, "Wheres your mom?" I asked, "Shopping." He said, "Went invisible and snuck off?" I said, "Yeah." He said, "Wanna get some breakfast?" I asked, he nodded, "Come on." I said.

(y/n) POV

We walked over to the table April came from. There was a woman sitting there watching us. "Mom this is (y/n) he's going to be my stepson." April said, "Hi I'm Sarah. Are you excited that your daddy is going to marry my daughter?" Sarah said, "WHERE IS HE?!" Mommy shouted angrily, I dove under the table, "APRIL WHERE IS HE?!" She said angrily, "I don't know." April said, suddenly I was pulled out from under the table, "YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE YOUNG MAN!" Mommy said angrily, "I'm sorry, but who are you, and why are you treating my daughters stepson like that?" Sarah asked, "Um Mom this is Glynda (y/n)'s mother, and my fiance." April said, "Mommy can put me down please." I said, "Oh sorry sweetie." Mommy said as she put me down.

"So Glynda how long have you two been together?" Sarah asked, "Almost two years now, but (y/n) has only known about April and I for a few months." Mommy said, "Well (y/n) you never answered my question, are you excited about your mom marrying my daughter?" Sarah asked, "No." I said as I took a sip of my chocolate milk, "What do you mean no?" She asked, "I've been with April for the past few months and aside from letting me go to Menagerie, and knocking me out and leaving me alone with Pyrrha, she treated me how she always treated me... like her son." I said, "Wait she did what?!" Mommy said, "It was a whole thing, I don't wanna get into it, but Blake will explain it when she gets here." April said.