X

Ginny, flustered in her haste, arrived awkwardly at the function in a black Muggle dress Hermione lent her for the evening. The odd Muggle material fit the curves of her form snuggly, perhaps a little too so. Her hands kept trailing down her side to adjust some part in an effort to make sure it was still on. The black high heels, something she'd never worn before, furthered her problems as she nearly stumbled into a nearby plant.

Regaining her composure and balance, Ginny edged further along the plush red carpet and into the reception room. All the while her eyes desperately scanned the crowd for any sign of the Harpies; a small part hoped to find Harry. Thankfully it did not take long to find a group of women standing together. The wary wizards walking wide circles around them combined with the smooth swaggers of a few over confident ones further highlighted the Harpies. At least their dresses made Ginny's look tame. Tension she'd not realised had been there left her system rapidly, making her feel slightly light headed.

She took a step, a clumsy one, and her ankle twisted over the right heel for the tenth time since leaving the house. This time she knew her balance would lose the battle against gravity. Newspaper headlines flashed through her mind, but even as the fall began it stopped. A gentle but firm hand held her shoulder. "Easy there, miss." The familiar voice of Harry spoke from behind.

It took all her will power to not turn around and kiss him. His presence, however, removed the last vestiges of anxiety. Like having one of her brothers or father around; she felt comfortable and safe.

He slipped past, but his hand lingered slightly longer on her shoulder. "Take care. These events do tend to drag on." His green eyes flicked across her dress before returning to her eyes. A smile lingered on his lips.

She gulped, people were staring at them. "Thank you, Potter."

He gave a charming smile and held out a hand. "It's Harry."

Her arm extended towards him and he took it carefully. "Ginny."

Green eyes sparkled back. "Mind if I get you a drink?"

"They're free," Ginny countered. He grinned and shrugged, which made Ginny bite her bottom lip nervously. The lipstick felt odd, another thing she was not used to. All the while her entire team stood watching the exchange. "Perhaps later." Ginny forced a smile. She really wanted to stay with him, to be held in his arms. "But my team's waiting."

A few wizards, all trying hard to listen, came closer. "Of course, you were signed by the Harpies." His smile grew as he spoke loud enough for the few journalists around to overhear. "Congratulations."

"Thank you." A bright flash from a camera made her blink.

"Until later then, Ginny." He turned away slowly and made his way towards the bar. Immediately he was intercepted by a group of long legged witches. For a moment she found herself staring after them jealously. The feeling, lessoned, but did not vanish the moment he politely ignored them to make his way to Oliver Wood, the Cannon's captain.

"Ginny!" Katie shrieked loudly at her arrival. "Eyeing up the handsomest man in the place?"

"He came to speak with me." Ginny tried to regain her composure. Harry did have a way to flip her world upside down. "I didn't even know it was him until he started talking."

Katie just nodded as if she did not understand a single word. "Just try to remember that other man of yours while flirting with men."